XFS

Website recommendations

Can anyone recommend a cheap and easy to use car dealer template? I don't need fancy, just easy to use, basic and functional. I only keep around 6 vehicles in stock.

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

Hi try 1&1 internet and set your own up from one of the templates. It's how I started off and you can get some professional looking results with a little time. 

I,ve tried a couple so far inc the 1&1 recommended, which is to complex and time consuming for me. 

If the one I,m trialing one right now works out I will report back.

Fasthosts are ok. I used them for a while before I moved over to Motors.

Its nothing flash but you can have yourwebsite.co.uk email address which looks a lot more professional than yourwebsite@yahoo.com. or something similar. And I had about 3 pages of cars at 4 a page. Under a £10 a month as well.

Cardealer5 are ok.

We used to use them based on costs and had approx 20 vehicles in stock.

Really easy to use and quite presentable.

I knocked mine on the head last year, just didnt seem to get the attention it used to, when your on motors, gumtree ebay facebook there all set up for you so no work or faffing around, i havent noticed any customer fall off since i stopped. 

How are you finding the websites suggested?? Had a look at Fast Hosts as mentioned however it looks like a lot of upkeep to add/remove stuff all the time. I have spoken to Car Dealer 5 and very tempted to go that route, although their biggest selling point for me was the autofeed of new car adverts to eBay, AT etc. however to start with I am most probably going to use AT pay as you go so guessing it won't populate that format.

Be interested to hear how your getting on?

Si

We have designed our own website using wix. We used it for the auction businesses few years back with success. Ours is due to go live next week with the launch of or new pitch company. 

If you can use a platform like wix or fasthosts then its worth doing, save money and not have to keep updating via 3rd party. 

The only problem with Wix that I found was that there wasn't really a proper car trader template, so adding and removing cars was quite labour intensive.

We a with car dealer 5 also, nice and straightforward, links to other sites, helpful back up.

I can vouch for Car Dealer 5 - I am no computer programmer and they helped me no end. Nice easy guys to deal with too and Great price.

www.superminiuk.com

No the wix template is not great for cars, We used a product template and made some alterations, it works ok. 

10 hours ago, cardealeruk said:

@betginge if you dont mind, please can you share your website address, just wanted to see. 

Me too ;)

I will forward the address over the week end when its fully up and running, just trying to get more stock photos on there at the min with intending opening of the other site for monday.

watch this space :D

• Like 1

On 03/05/2017 at 2:14 PM, Mat C said:

I can vouch for Car Dealer 5 - I am no computer programmer and they helped me no end. Nice easy guys to deal with too and Great price.

www.superminiuk.com

Nice looking website, Mat...I may well have a chat with them when I get a few more things in place with the new showroom.

Have you tried looking at People Per Hour, it is a cheap easy way to outsource this type of thing. Wordpress CMS is a bit tricky to get your head around at first, but once you do, it is definitely the easiest way to keep the website up to date.

Would definitely go down the Wordpress/Premium motor trade template route.

I know a bit so managed to set up myself but you could use one of the freelancer hire sites (people per hour, Freelancer.com, Elance.com) to do this for you.

You could then get hosting for about £2.99 a month through https://www.vidahost.com/web-hosting

Let me know if you need anymore help.