grant8064

March 2017 Sales

Another deal done today, over the phone.... Had the car less than a week, which is always nice.

Quiet Here, but have a victim on the MG ZS I took in a couple weeks back. Coming for a test drive tomorrow, The way he is going on you would think he is buying a proper £5k retail car. He will be treated like a king as long as he deals, may even throw in a custard cream & a Brew. ^_^

41 minutes ago, betginge said:

Quiet Here, but have a victim on the MG ZS I took in a couple weeks back. Coming for a test drive tomorrow, The way he is going on you would think he is buying a proper £5k retail car. He will be treated like a king as long as he deals, may even throw in a custard cream & a Brew. ^_^

:D sounds like trouble to me.

Did a sub 1k Part ex today...told him it was not very nice in advance, on test I reminded him, on purchase I stressed it and on the invoice it stated it. In truth it's alright but i'd rather someone realistic buying it rather than a dreamer that screams a week later with an EML or in four months when it needs MOT work

One more today! This is turning out to be my best month ever, and we're only half way through! Desperate for good quality stock though....!

worst month ever for me :S i sold 3 in december, 3 in january... 1 this month!! no idea what i am doing wrong :S my prices are right.. actually below retail :S all my cars are advertised with 12months MOT and 6 months warranty!

i am getting over 250 hits per day on autotrader on my ads, plus i advertise on motors.co.uk, ebay and facebook! but i am getting absolutely NO leads :S

Its a strange and patchy month for me. 5 on Saturday (particularly good Saturday), 0 Sunday, 0 Monday, 0 Tuesday then 4 today. All over the place! Overall, the month is canny. I like to average 1 a day, and am on 19 for the month so far so I am happy.

3 hours ago, Paulusk2z said:

worst month ever for me :S i sold 3 in december, 3 in january... 1 this month!! no idea what i am doing wrong :S my prices are right.. actually below retail :S all my cars are advertised with 12months MOT and 6 months warranty!

i am getting over 250 hits per day on autotrader on my ads, plus i advertise on motors.co.uk, ebay and facebook! but i am getting absolutely NO leads :S

Could be worse, could be me. Not only is it very quiet I managed to buy a 320i Touring with a whining diff, Passat with a knackered DMF and a Astra with rattling little ends.. Only discovered after we changed the timing chain!! Im not even going to tell you about last months Corsa 1.3 CDTI.

But hey a least the sun was shining today and I have good health

8 minutes ago, MrC said:

Could be worse, could be me. Not only is it very quiet I managed to buy a 320i Touring with a whining diff, Passat with a knackered DMF and a Astra with rattling little ends.. Only discovered after we changed the timing chain!! Im not even going to tell you about last months Corsa 1.3 CDTI.

But hey a least the sun was shining today and I have good health

1.3 cdti Vauxhall Engine is a dog, keep away unless its cheap or Assured. 

MG Zs buyer turned up, loved the car and paid in full, did not even chip ^_^

Thats Why they call me Terry Tibbs :lol:

54 minutes ago, betginge said:

1.3 cdti Vauxhall Engine is a dog, keep away unless its cheap or Assured

2010 40k mile One owner FSH. Shat itself a week after I sold it.  Gave a full refund and parked it up out of sight till I can bare to look at it again

From my experience will need ECU sending away.

staying away from those engine too now 

So far it's been very very quiet no ghost no cats no dogs and I'm on my own :rolleyes: so far managed 1 and the rest are punters arranging for viewing and test drive and don't show up got dozens of this so far....................not sure what next...........probably lockup and go fishing :lol:

Edited by macffar
spelling wrong

Been a very quiet Feb and march until this Friday. Phones starting ringing, plenty of enquiries, lots of potential customers looking around. Sold 7 (fri/sat).

our Neigbours have also noticed this, they sold a good few past 2 days. 

Is it just us, or has anyone else noticed 'the pick up'

hope I haven't spoke to soon 

i have noticed things pick up slightly over the last few days.. still not sold anything! but have had a couple of people interested in finance and one has been accepted today on zuto! the other has gone cold because the car is too told for him to get finance with close brothers for 4 years :(

Hopefully that deal will be a go!

I have not had to resort to selling my diagnostics tool to try and make ends meet :(

I hope it picks up soon so i can try and increase my stock level in hopes of a good run in april/may!

11 hours ago, Paulusk2z said:

i have noticed things pick up slightly over the last few days.. still not sold anything! but have had a couple of people interested in finance and one has been accepted today on zuto! the other has gone cold because the car is too told for him to get finance with close brothers for 4 years :(

Hopefully that deal will be a go!

I have not had to resort to selling my diagnostics tool to try and make ends meet :(

I hope it picks up soon so i can try and increase my stock level in hopes of a good run in april/may!

Paul there are loads of finance houses out there who will hp on older vehicles , some will even go to 15 years old :blink:  always worth looking at other firms to have in the tool kit. 

Sold 3 in 3 days on the bangers pitch

2006 Alto 

2004 Ignis, 1 owner from new 15 main agents stamps, 

2009 Focus 1.8 Petrol with 103K, not the best engine size or miles but it sold to first punter on it, 

10 hours ago, betginge said:

Paul there are loads of finance houses out there who will hp on older vehicles , some will even go to 15 years old :blink:  always worth looking at other firms to have in the tool kit. 

Sold 3 in 3 days on the bangers pitch

2006 Alto 

2004 Ignis, 1 owner from new 15 main agents stamps, 

2009 Focus 1.8 Petrol with 103K, not the best engine size or miles but it sold to first punter on it, 

trouble is for me.. i am not FCA registered yet, so zuto is my only option or get another dealer to put finance through for me.

Had another interested yesterday in a cooper S i got on here. just need them to get info over to me! i hope it sells!

I have decided on a new tactic! i have put my prices back up to a decent level and i am now offering increased warranty terms on them!

Its still not picked up for me. Had 3 tyres kickers this week and thats it. 

Been tweeking adverts new photos etc. Tweeble weed central here

Im really not impressed with March and we are nearly at the end. 

Is it quiet everywhere this month?

Had reasonable footfall but buyers won't get into anything over about 4k...just been knocking out part ex's all month and the odd bit of cheaper retail here and there.

Seems very dead.

Guy down the road with 20 on his forecourt has done one all month and another guy with 40-ish prestige bits has managed a grand total of three!

Blimey, is it really that quiet everywhere?! I had 3 go out Saturday morning, done another one this morning.....

I've had the best month I've ever had and it's not been this busy since last October, very odd.

Although my forecourt looks like a stall at a car boot sale, towards the end of the day, just the odds and sods left!! 

On 22/03/2017 at 10:12 AM, grant8064 said:

Is it quiet everywhere this month?

Had reasonable footfall but buyers won't get into anything over about 4k...just been knocking out part ex's all month and the odd bit of cheaper retail here and there.

Seems very dead.

Guy down the road with 20 on his forecourt has done one all month and another guy with 40-ish prestige bits has managed a grand total of three!

Hi all - long term lurker and new member.

I had to sign up to say - YES! We've been operating out of our premises for nearly 8 months now and have been consistently achieving 18-22 cars per month (December, Jan Feb were all excellent for us). This month is something else though we've done 7 cars so far, well, 8 including a money-backer we sold yesterday. In terms of money it means we're less than halfway towards where we would normally be.

I don't know what's going on and have tried everything from looking at our stock, cleaning and rephotoing, price dropping and I even considered using AT, anyway, anyone have any theories? Maybe we just have to ride it out.

Bring on April!

2 hours ago, Mojo121 said:

Hi all - long term lurker and new member.

I had to sign up to say - YES! We've been operating out of our premises for nearly 8 months now and have been consistently achieving 18-22 cars per month (December, Jan Feb were all excellent for us). This month is something else though we've done 7 cars so far, well, 8 including a money-backer we sold yesterday. In terms of money it means we're less than halfway towards where we would normally be.

I don't know what's going on and have tried everything from looking at our stock, cleaning and rephotoing, price dropping and I even considered using AT, anyway, anyone have any theories? Maybe we just have to ride it out.

Bring on April!

It's a very strange month...hate to say it, and I hope you pick up, but i'm glad it's not just me. I'm convinced there is something going on in buyers minds at the moment because barely anybody seems willing to commit to a bigger purchase.

I'm getting a lot of customers very anti diesel.

Lots of customers confused by the tax rules coming soon.

The Vauxhall/Peugeot thing hasn't helped me shift any VX's lately.

Not sure what the reason is, could even just be a general quietness, but there's something strange going on IMO

very slow up my way, up until the last few weeks I was doing well, I'm getting totally sick of the bargain hunt brigade, best price for cash etc etc

yup, 6 emails today and no calls, one guy actually has an avensis with a FULL V5, as oppsoed to what I wonder?

4 hours ago, grant8064 said:

It's a very strange month...hate to say it, and I hope you pick up, but i'm glad it's not just me. I'm convinced there is something going on in buyers minds at the moment because barely anybody seems willing to commit to a bigger purchase.

I'm getting a lot of customers very anti diesel.

Lots of customers confused by the tax rules coming soon.

The Vauxhall/Peugeot thing hasn't helped me shift any VX's lately.

Not sure what the reason is, could even just be a general quietness, but there's something strange going on IMO

Same here anti diesel being the main one.