Sign in to follow this  
justina3

Cleaning materials

Is it just me or has the cost of car prep gone up loads lately, been shopping around and they all seem to be very similar prices we use 

autosmart nelsons autoglym and 3m polishes 

any other suggestions ? 

G101 should be knighted and be called Sir G101, Love the stuff works on everything. I even stick it in my carpet cleaner at home ;)

5 minutes ago, betginge said:

G101 should be knighted and be called Sir G101, Love the stuff works on everything. I even stick it in my carpet cleaner at home ;)

Ha, same here, even clean the floor in the unit with it. Bloody horrible stuff to get on your bear hands though.....

Don't clean the toilet in the workshop with it, I use Wheel acid for that along with a short prayer, Seems to shift the dirt. :D

Agreed it's cracking stuff even better since they added some fragrance other than gone off acid 

50 minutes ago, justina3 said:

Agreed it's cracking stuff even better since they added some fragrance other than gone off acid 

Yeah you're right, tastes much better now.... :blink::lol:

as much as i love sir g i have to say i used it once in the valeting machine by accident in the closed combines of the car interior and was violently poorly like a severe flu, ive never done that again

ive gone back to tfr for outside cleaning due to cost,i just keep a 50/50 mix in a pressurised container for green minge under badges and manky tyres

my autosmart rep only comes these days when his big boys let him down so i normally just buy off the ebay now because frankly its usually cheaper and i dont buy lots of satin blacks etc with very dear prices from his van

Edited by s and b

12 hours ago, betginge said:

Agreed. Along with Baroness Midnight.

13 hours ago, sparky said:

Agreed. Along with Baroness Midnight.

Of course Cant forget about the Duchess

Midnight black, another must have for the valeting Draw

I love a bit of Autosmarts 'Tango', great for wiping the cars over...

can't have a thread about cleaning products without mentioning Stardrops ;)

13 hours ago, Ocsltd said:

I love a bit of Autosmarts 'Tango', great for wiping the cars over...

Dame Tango is a beauty, and where would we be without a bit of highstyle?

From the outside looking in people must think we are talking in code 

2 hours ago, justina3 said:

From the outside looking in people must think we are talking in code 

Or just talking b*ll*cks!! :lol:

What's the best thing for getting "dog" smell out. I shampooed the whole thing to death, but the dog is still lingering.....

11 minutes ago, XFS said:

What's the best thing for getting "dog" smell out. I shampooed the whole thing to death, but the dog is still lingering.....

If you've already shampooed the affected area, your best bet is to use one of those Autosmart 'Aromatek' machines. Or failing that, one of those fragger bombs you can get on eBay.

Talk to me about Tango and Midnight chaps please. I'm a recent convert to Autosmart stuff and loving their work so far. 

I may be needing to use the Aromatek from them soon on a motor I've just bought that the owner has spilt a bucket of maggots in when going fishing :o

26 minutes ago, Daylight said:

Talk to me about Tango and Midnight chaps please. I'm a recent convert to Autosmart stuff and loving their work so far. 

I may be needing to use the Aromatek from them soon on a motor I've just bought that the owner has spilt a bucket of maggots in when going fishing :o

Tango is a great product, has a very waxy content which I like! Think it was designed to be diluted in a spray bottle, so after a test drive etc, you can spray the affected areas and just wipe off. It's great because it doesn't leave a streaky mess behind and can be used on all surfaces included plastic mouldings etc. I've always got a bucket of water with a glug of tango in, so I can wipe the dust / bird crap off the cars. 

I also use it for wiping cars over before they go out on 'delivery'.

In fact, I've started using it much like a shampoo, so use it when I was the car, as the 'waxy' content gives a bit of shine without much effort.

The other autosmart product I'm a big fan of is 'Finish'. It can be watered down, I use it dress my engines, on the interior plastics, dash etc. The more you dilute it, the more of a matt finish you get, otherwise it can be a bit shiny.

And of course, I couldn't be without the good old G101!! Liquid gold.....!

I cant get on with that midnight stuff it just masks what ever is below and stinks, as for engine dressing they do one called Krul which is even better than finish as it doesnt get affected by the heat of the engine.

303 aerospace protectant for engine bays, it's the doggys dangles

2 hours ago, tradex said:

I always use WD-40 on my engines/engine bay for dressing.

cant beat the smell thats for sure

On 3/6/2017 at 11:21 AM, Ocsltd said:

Tango is a great product, has a very waxy content which I like! Think it was designed to be diluted in a spray bottle, so after a test drive etc, you can spray the affected areas and just wipe off. It's great because it doesn't leave a streaky mess behind and can be used on all surfaces included plastic mouldings etc. I've always got a bucket of water with a glug of tango in, so I can wipe the dust / bird crap off the cars. 

I also use it for wiping cars over before they go out on 'delivery'.

In fact, I've started using it much like a shampoo, so use it when I was the car, as the 'waxy' content gives a bit of shine without much effort.

The other autosmart product I'm a big fan of is 'Finish'. It can be watered down, I use it dress my engines, on the interior plastics, dash etc. The more you dilute it, the more of a matt finish you get, otherwise it can be a bit shiny.

And of course, I couldn't be without the good old G101!! Liquid gold.....!

Cheers i'll talk to my rep about it when he's round this week, not that he knows much his products! G101 is so good, I use it for pretty much everything

Highstyle for engine bays too :D

1 hour ago, Daylight said:

Cheers i'll talk to my rep about it when he's round this week, not that he knows much his products! G101 is so good, I use it for pretty much everything

Highstyle for engine bays too :D

tell him to do one then

its a franchise

my old franchise holder went to extreme lengths to show me how good the products were

the guy who bought him out is a lazy guy who depends on the local town to me big boys to pay his wages

i always buy off reps who are committed, i hate shoddy lazy tick box guys