Sign in to follow this  
MrC

Do people just ring for a chat

I'm convinced there is a percentage of the population who just ring dealers/traders for a chat. Are these people bored at home on a day off and spend 30 minutes asking questions about every panel, tyre, switch etc and sounding all positive but you never hear from them again? 

• Like 1

if i'd got your number I'd give you a call just to chat about nothing ! :) .. I'm sure they do .......

9 hours ago, tradex said:

....come to think of it a lot of my serial messers have budgies chatting in the background:huh:

are you serious/

i had this for years

i thought i had a stalker with a grudge

12 hours ago, s and b said:

i thought i had a stalker with a grudge

Wouldn't that be: 'with a grudgie'?

I'll get my coat.

At least you guys get a chat out of them! Came in to two answerphone messages this morning, both asking if the 'silver car' is available in one of those strange robotic voices...only got a dozen in right now!

On 01/03/2017 at 8:30 AM, tradex said:

100% honest...I'm a car dealer afterall:)

We had Frank, now Grudgie man

I will take a conversion from a punter looking for a chat any day over dealing with a Frank

Count yourselves lucky, we have 'actual' visitors who come in for a 'chat' just because the sales guy is 'such a nice lad' ffs, must get on....

On 9/2/2021 at 1:09 PM, beenaroundtheblock said:

The admin should sort it out in all honesty, other forums seem to be able to manage it.

Let’s not be hasty, I’m still pondering the bitcoin ‘opportunity’ and I do need help with that report that’s due?:unsure:

Edited by metcars
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, metcars said:

Let’s not be hasty, I’m still pondering the bitcoin ‘opportunity’ and I do need help with that report that’s due?:unsure:

Do let me know if you have any success cos I could do with a few shillings cos I’ve just had my first genuine comeback in ages - a customer with a suspected DMF that’s shat itself within 200 miles of buying the car. Fucking cars! :angry:

1 hour ago, BHM said:

Do let me know if you have any success cos I could do with a few shillings cos I’ve just had my first genuine comeback in ages - a customer with a suspected DMF that’s shat itself within 200 miles of buying the car. Fucking cars! :angry:

Now come on be fair you heard the noise of doom but just hoped it wouldn't get worse :D

4 hours ago, It's me said:

Now come on be fair you heard the noise of doom but just hoped it wouldn't get worse :D

Honest, no, and it still isn’t. Absolutely none of the usual rattling, banging etc., not a peep at all - absolutely silent underfoot. However when you drive it under acceleration the whole car vibrates like nothing I’ve ever experienced before.

I’ve had two diagnoses & both reckon “DMF related” plus another trader had similar a year ago on the same type of car (Passat), although he said when stripped it was his clutch pressure plate that was at fault.

As they say, every day’s a school day.