Sign in to follow this  
david gott

20 - 25 cars can it be done on your own

12 hours ago, Max Branning said:

Hunting stock is the killer for me, selling really is a piece of piss if you have the stock at decent money.

Would be nice if there was a used car cash n carry you could just pop to once a month and buy 20 units!

It has never been easier to buy cheap stock from the block.You just have to do a lot of homework.What about being on the road at 4,to get to Colchester for 8.30 to wait for the catelogue,then go round the yard ..................it sounds like the Hovis advert ! ..........and a lot of the auctions were bent,which made it harder!

Despite what anyone says,you cannot run a pitch properly on your own.However,what you have got to do.........only work half days...but every day..........that way the other 12 hours are yours !

3 hours ago, tradex said:

Chokes on tea!

Cheaper stock easier to buy?....who do you work for BCA:)

Ha Ha ! Guys,better start again.I mean cheap good stock.If you do your research properly,you have to target a lot of stock,then constantly watch that screen and don't get distracted ( our guy can be watching 3 sales at once),there are always cheap cars slipping through.It is much better than going on 400 mile round trips don't you think !

1 hour ago, trade vet said:

Ha Ha ! Guys,better start again.I mean cheap good stock.If you do your research properly,you have to target a lot of stock,then constantly watch that screen and don't get distracted ( our guy can be watching 3 sales at once),there are always cheap cars slipping through.It is much better than going on 400 mile round trips don't you think !

Whoever installed Manheims simulcast video feed needs a clip round the ear. It must have been quite a job to get such poor quality in 2017?

On 2017-6-24 at 4:35 PM, metcars said:

Whoever installed Manheims simulcast video feed needs a clip round the ear. It must have been quite a job to get such poor quality in 2017?

Think you're being rather generous with only the clip round the ear, I feel a lengthy prison sentence will be better suited. 

7 hours ago, NoMargin said:

Think you're being rather generous with only the clip round the ear, I feel a lengthy prison sentence will be better suited. 

They should invite real car dealers to input on the design of these systems rather than their IT guys interpretation? Although you can be sure the website is probably easy to maintain and backup.

Surely you're not suggesting Manheim are more self-focused than customer-focused!?!!!! Disgraceful!! How on earth do you arrive at that preposterous conclusion!?!!:lol: