umesh

Autotrader - Live Adverts ** warning **

Strange situation I tripped across couple of days ago and just want to make sure you are not affected !
I check on & off on Autotrader to make sure ALL my cars are advertised and if they look OK etc etc …
Spotted couple of days ago only 28 Advertised from 38 … spoke to my account manager who’s currently still checking whats wrong ..
resent all the cars back live on dealer portal over night feed all cars OK – Morning feeds somehow deletes some of the stock ..
this morning 32 advertised out of 38 ….
Issue still not resolved – Technical dept looking into it but as I’ve explained to my account manager – doesn’t help me as cars not being advertised !

So- guys and girls just keep an eye on it , this may just be an isolated case !

Better to check !

5 hours ago, CJ Underhill said:

You mean Autotrader account managers actually exist?

Umesh is the man! :D

On 11/30/2016 at 0:26 PM, umesh said:

Strange situation I tripped across couple of days ago and just want to make sure you are not affected !
I check on & off on Autotrader to make sure ALL my cars are advertised and if they look OK etc etc …
Spotted couple of days ago only 28 Advertised from 38 … spoke to my account manager who’s currently still checking whats wrong ..
resent all the cars back live on dealer portal over night feed all cars OK – Morning feeds somehow deletes some of the stock ..
this morning 32 advertised out of 38 ….
Issue still not resolved – Technical dept looking into it but as I’ve explained to my account manager – doesn’t help me as cars not being advertised !

So- guys and girls just keep an eye on it , this may just be an isolated case !

Better to check !

Hi Umesh, this may sound cheeky but just came across your post as i am looking to find out more about data feed for AT. 

Am i right in saying that if you have multiple cars to upload you wouldn't do that manually (take a pic, enter description etc like for 1 car). Instead you upload a "feed" automatically to AT? 

Is that right? if so what does a feed look like? is it a spreadsheet? or is it a line of code? 

Ta in advance Umesh

Dave

Dealer Research 

Initially yo have to do it manually with each car , then there is 'data feed' that can be sent to various platforms from either your DMS / Website / website provider etc etc - There is a special feed type- Format - so it shows all the data/images etc etc  ( Can't just remember -senior moment !!) and some will take CSV Files !

Will be like a spread sheet ! Hope this helps - when I find an actual example I'll post it on ! feel free to give me a shout if I can help further 01782 822 700 Cheers Umesh