Ocsltd

So what do YOU drive??

My little fleet is ....

08 Corsa 1.2 with a slave cylinder on its way out, it's lasted a year though

10plate Mini Cooper s clubman

i kept a 06 A4 2.0tfsi multitronic for the wife to get to the station 

53 plate Audi TT roadster

the corsa might being going soon to free up some driveway space but we have an 08 plate fiesta ST with a little scrape (scratch if you ask the customer) which I'm tempted to keep. 

15 hours ago, grant8064 said:

Nice to see someone else loves a 900 classic! I've gone down the 4 door Scandi business man route myself...200k on the clock and it never misses a beat with panels thicker than those on a tank.

How's your Satria...always fancied one from when they first came out but never taken one in chop?

200k miles? Its just about run in then. grew up with SAAB, parents always had them so i was bound to get into them eventually. Pre GM SAABs are such lovely cars, well built and i think they look pretty timeless. As for 9-5's, never really had any serious issues with them and i've sold hundreds of them

If you can get a Satria, do it. Had mine about 9 years now and just cant part with it. A little under powered (unless modified) but arguably the best driving, handling vehicle i have ever driven, i'd say on Par with the elise & 205 GTI.  People on the owners club are running 4G63 engines, 300bhp + as pretty much all of it is old Mitsubishi. They are like little go karts. Problem is getting one, they are worth about 3x the value in parts then as a car and theres only about 100 left in the country. parts are scarse now, and the price of available parts. Also makes you look like a 90's MaxPower throw back

oddly enough i no longer hold any interest in cars these days so what ever is floating around that is taxed and has fuel, back in the day when they where giving money away like sweets had some lovely cars these days rather see the money sitting in a property than a car.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, justina3 said:

oddly enough i no longer hold any interest in cars these days so what ever is floating around that is taxed and has fuel, back in the day when they where giving money away like sweets had some lovely cars these days rather see the money sitting in a property than a car.

Sadly, its where I am too. It makes me shudder when I read about guys 'smoking around' in a nearly new BMW. Although back when I was in my 20s/30s I probably wouldn't have been able to keep my hands out of the cookie jar either:D

4 minutes ago, metcars said:

Sadly, its where I am too. It makes me shudder when I read about guys 'smoking around' in a nearly new BMW. Although back when I was in my 20s/30s I probably wouldn't have been able to keep my hands out of the cookie jar either:D

My cookie jar makes me shudder now thinking the amount of sugar i used to consume 

DSC01961.jpg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, justina3 said:

My cookie jar makes me shudder now thinking the amount of sugar i used to consume 

DSC01961.jpg

But, it is something that you grow out of. I think that depending on your age, you either see, two beautiful Ferrari's or two huge piles of cash?:D

I just see the cookies in the jar going down and down now, but glad of the fun times, the question i ask myself now is what if i knew then what i know now would i have done the same thing and i am still 50/50 on the answer.

lovely look car, bikes terrify me never ever been on one even a little 50cc 

On 20/10/2016 at 11:54 AM, whitestone679231 said:

Anything that's free road tax then tax on green slip,,,, unless suns out then its one of these two ;-)

13165859_10154138247883784_4335828692010003601_n.jpg

13237863_10154195045813784_5314627824803884161_n.jpg

Just an observation but if you do the "tax on the green slip thing" on an auction purchase that's been "put to trade", you're liable for a "no current keeper showing" tug from coppers on a quiet day.

Only ever been stopped once and that was for both showing no insurance and no keeper, I explained to copper who I was and that car had not been put on MID yet and he was fine about it. I think they would have to have been rubbed up wrong way to start nit picking but if cars showing as taxed then no problem.

On 10/18/2016 at 7:37 PM, M.J said:

A Porsche Cayenne 4.5s currently averaging just over 15mpg! :o

Well Jell !!!!

Love the Cayenne

• Like 1

On 18/10/2016 at 8:25 PM, metcars said:

'02 Focus 1.6 ghia 130k that cost me less than you guys spend on a takeaway :D

She's gone, because of elderly parents and a wheelchair to consider I've upgraded to a '04 cmax as my 'smoker'. It came from the block, I bid £195 and its mine. 122k, history and ticket, 3 owners, silver and working air. Bad side, a bit whiney around 35mph but not too bad (banana skins), horribly undergeared, and almost no driving dynamics, but better than the bus:D

To update my smoker, My lovely Lexus is200 has gone to a member of staff to use, After missing my s type 3.0 I have bought another one this week, a minter 2001 model in dark blue with 70k full history grade A condition drives like new, auto with mot. Cost £160 :lol:  Car cost £30K new Crazy !!!!

Going to wack a spare private plate on her and smoke around in that until am brave enough to throw 10K into a range rover One day :unsure:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, tradex said:

And a doggy focus tddi estate on the 02....250 in px but heater is great as daily smoker.

......cars..... when ya around them all day priorities change...good heater and as as long as it keeps the rain out.

And until the wife can treat a car better than a skip and stop trying to polish alloys on kerbs, a 160k Focua Ghia, petrol of course. To be fair it looks and drives like a well loved 50k example, a good advert fa Henry.

Heater working ok?...damn that heater valve is a bugger to change!

Very nice old barges though

All the heaters work well. Although today I have had it on the ramp it needs rear brakes, ball joint and a noise from the steering on hard lock. To be fair it's a bragain and a lovely drive

Old X reg Astra auto , took it in chop over a year ago just put another test on last week, it owes £80 , just to and fro in it .

9 hours ago, Jack Regan said:

Old X reg Astra auto , took it in chop over a year ago just put another test on last week, it owes £80 , just to and fro in it .

Dont press the sport button :unsure:

Last one i used and pressed that sport button the engine check light came on and it ran like a dog lol.

Am glad to hear that there is guys out there driving smokers regardless of the amount of money we spend on cars to sell, Just goes to show what penny pinching gits we are :lol:

9 hours ago, Jack Regan said:

For a while I had an old astra auto estate with 130k, it was unstoppable!:D

10 minutes ago, betginge said:

Am glad to hear that there is guys out there driving smokers regardless of the amount of money we spend on cars to sell, Just goes to show what penny pinching gits we are :lol:

I don't want to tie up money, I much prefer to use my 'stack' for buying stock. I'm not bothered about impressing the neighbours either.

22 minutes ago, metcars said:

For a while I had an old astra auto estate with 130k, it was unstoppable!:D

I don't want to tie up money, I much prefer to use my 'stack' for buying stock. I'm not bothered about impressing the neighbours either.

I know what you mean, one of the reasons i don't want to buy a decent range rover, Soon as my neighbours see that up the drive I will be getting a random call from HMRC wondering why its not on drip.

My neighbours are stuck up bellends, with there 66 plate Audi A3's on 4 Year PCP ;)

Nissan X-Trail 2.2 diesel that i took in recently, owes me 500 quid, great for the dog and feels bomb proof, even got cooling cubby holes to keep your drinks cold, what more could you want! When i get something really nice in i always say ''right keep this one, you deserve it''  but a few days later its up for sale :lol: Hate having money tied up that could be used for stock.

I've done a few hundred miles in my old banger C-max and its not put a foot wrong. I think it will benefit from a gearbox oil change and a set of plugs but anyway. So today I'm in traffic (as usual) and I get  a whiff of coolant. Hmm.. pull over and lift the bonnet, can't see anything leaking out. Obviously, I have to use the ignition key to unlock the bonnet so the engine is off when I checked. Carry on my journey, feeling the carpet and mentally pricing up heater radiators. Got home and checked under the bonnet again and there's a jet of steam coming out of the header tank, a crack about 10mm right next to the pipe connectors. Managed to pick one up from a breakers this afternoon (£10) and I'll be putting it on in the morning.

4 wheels.. Usually whats got the most fuel in.

2 wheels Ducati 1199

Ex rental Ford Mondeo (66 plate just bought by them). Unbelievable drive, seriously very very good! Although my favourite car was an X-reg Citroen Xantia; had this weird suspension thing (you could lower and raise the car) and used to go like the clappers!

The old cmax is holding up. A few issues. Everyone complains about the uncomfortable seats, you get out like a cowboy gets off a horse after a day in the saddle! The handbrake lever set way too close to the passenger seat, if the passenger has a coat on you have to 'dig around' to find it, not great for hill starts. Shocking A pillar blind spot. I'm 6'2" and I have to lean forward when negotiating a roundabout to sight the kerb, even worse at night in the rain. I've driven Zafira and Picasso and neither are that bad. It's not proving to be that good on fuel either, so its days could be numbered.....