Sign in to follow this  
sparky

Don't you just love it when.....

You  buy a low mileage car without history but you take a chance and go with your gut  that it must have some somewhere and there she is, tucked away with all the manuals that have been left at the entry office. Beautiful :) 

• Like 5

Boom! Nice One.

Had a sneaky feeling about one at auction online once - declared as 'believed incorrect' mileage of 50k and no history.

Bought it £1200 behind.

Turned up and the speedo was set to km rather than miles. 15 seconds and a couple of button pushes later, real mileage reads 31k and main dealer service history is in drawer under seat. Double Boom!

• Like 3

You buy a car from BCA with only 1 key and a couple days later it arrives in the post. ALL THE TIME

you buy a car and it doesn't blow up

Edited by andymc1973
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, david gott said:

You go to pick up the recent purchase, get in, turn key.......full tank of fuel :)

At this point that Purchase becomes the Weekend Smoker 

• Like 1

You sell a car and it doesn't come back!

• Like 4

..... you get another one of those "I really like your car, what's your best price, I will deposit funds in your paypal account, i will send someone to pick it up as I'm too busy at work" type emails. Again!:rolleyes:

We had a customer call about a 640d with a px, we offered 7k for the px only to be told it was way too low as what car said his car was worth £9600. So we ended the call. We thought it would be nice to see what they valued our 640d at, we had it listed at £21990, what car said the retail price should be £26800. So we called the customer back and told them the good news, we could offer £9600 for the px however we would want £26800 for the 640d, they weren't so keen on this deal either.....

• Like 4

Customer comes to look at car, gives it the full tyre kicking once over and spends about an hour appraising, goes for a test drive, comes back and says "I'll have a think" "got a few more to see" etc. Then in the same afternoon another customer comes to look at the same car, takes 2 mins to appraise and doesn't even want to test drive and says "can I take it today"........2 days later the first customer rings and says "can I come and see the car again".......then you can reply with the sweet feeling of victory (I think sometimes I pause a minute just to get that feeling of satisfaction)  "SORRY ITS SOLD"

• Like 4

We had a cheap golf, I stayed until 9pm so they could view it, then they wanted to sleep on it, in the morning they called and had more questions, including what warranty (it had covered 150k) and what warranty on the timing belt ? Oh and still no deposit. Someone else calls 4hours away, we are coming by train and are just going to book train tickets will you hold it until we get there ?  yep no problem, we pick them up from the station they buy it and drive it off.

then I had the difficult call to make and say it had sold, I guess it was partly my fault for not getting the answers quick enough but in the meantime some else said they were coming, if your interested in a car just put a deposit on it otherwise it can and will sell. 

• Like 1

On ‎22‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 8:47 PM, david gott said:

Customer comes to look at car, gives it the full tyre kicking once over and spends about an hour appraising, goes for a test drive, comes back and says "I'll have a think" "got a few more to see" etc. Then in the same afternoon another customer comes to look at the same car, takes 2 mins to appraise and doesn't even want to test drive and says "can I take it today"........2 days later the first customer rings and says "can I come and see the car again".......then you can reply with the sweet feeling of victory (I think sometimes I pause a minute just to get that feeling of satisfaction)  "SORRY ITS SOLD"

I never tell them it's sold over the phone, I let them arrive in my forecourt..........THEN and ONLY then I tell them "Oh I just sold it" ! (extra satisfation in knowing I wasted some of their time) 

On 12/09/2016 at 11:29 PM, Scooby who said:

I never tell them it's sold over the phone, I let them arrive in my forecourt..........THEN and ONLY then I tell them "Oh I just sold it" ! (extra satisfation in knowing I wasted some of their time) 

Plus, the chance to sell them something else! Kerching

Don't you just love it when people blatantly waste your time!!

Just had a couple looking at my Tigra, because it was the closest to them. Had no intention of buying it, but was happy to sit in it, put their muddy feet in it and allow me to demonstrate the roof to them etc..... 

Customer: Hmmm, quite interested in one of these...

Me: Oh, so not this one then

Customer: No it's over my budget (Me thinking so why are you here then! This is when it becomes clear!)

Me: Ok, what's your budget?

Customer: About £3500

Me: Ok so if i could do it for £3500 as a one off deal, would you be interested?

Customer: No, it's the wrong colour, if It was that colour yes, and points to a yellow Lotus Elise....

To which point I suggested he was wasting my time, he agreed and admitted that he only came to look at mine as I was the closest. Really bugs the shit out of me....

Thanks mate, I'll do a full demonstration so you can now go and buy one privately!!! C*NT!!!

• Like 3

...when you see a car you sold 29 days ago that needed a new power steering unit before it went out turn up on the forecourt and it's too late to go hide, only for them to tell you they love it so much that they want to find a car for their mum to buy!

...buoyed by this confidence you see a focus you sold a few weeks back arrive and greet Mr Customer with a warm smile and handshake only to be told his gearbox is knackered, he's not very happy, and the warranty company aren't interested.

Swings and bloody roundabouts

• Like 2

On 8/5/2016 at 4:18 PM, sparky said:

You  buy a low mileage car without history but you take a chance and go with your gut  that it must have some somewhere and there she is, tucked away with all the manuals that have been left at the entry office. Beautiful :) 

had this happen twice this week

Mazda 3 Sport and a Renault Grand Scenic

both low mileage for year listed with no history, one owner and two owners.

Took the risk buying online, both turn up with 7 stamps and 8 stamps and a host of receipts.

Reckon it saved me £500-£600 if they had been advertised correctly.

Superb result.

• Like 2