Sign in to follow this  
Rosemotors

I'm closing

Hi fellas

It breaks my heart but I've got to close the doors. The writing's been on the wall since I fell out with my stock funding partners.

I guess I'm job-hunting now.

So, thanks for all the advice, the banter and the insights.

very sorry to hear that buddy ! been good to connect - keep in touch and I wish you all the very best for the future.

Umesh 

gutting times we are heading into, wish you all the very best where ever you end up 

Very sorry to hear that things have not worked out for you. 

Best of luck.

We all put so much time/effort/money in to making a business work & when you reach the point where you have no choice but to let it go it's gut wrenching, I've been there before more than once & feel your pain, so many good traders seem to be folding up at the moment & it's very disheartening, even more so when the roadside cowboys are raking it in tax free.

I wish you all the best & hopefully we see you back up and running in the future. 

Is there no way you can keep it going without stock funding? Overdraft or loan, get some cheaper stock in and turn them over and try and build it back up?

• Like 2

Sorry to hear, theres a couple round here who have closed. It's not easy this game!! Best of luck. 

6 hours ago, Max Branning said:

Is there no way you can keep it going without stock funding? Overdraft or loan, get some cheaper stock in and turn them over and try and build it back up?

This!

Build it up again, many of us have had to do it at one time or another. If you think things are bad wait until you get divorced! lol

18 hours ago, metcars said:

This!

Build it up again, many of us have had to do it at one time or another. If you think things are bad wait until you get divorced! lol

+1 (except the divorce bit!). Overdraft, loan, 0% credit card? Surely you can lower your stock profile and push on? Are your overheads too high?

We lost our stock funding because we were paying the cars off too quickly, so now it's just the equity in the business and some other form of loan. The interest is lower too.

Why would you lose it by paying the cars off to quickly ? Who was it with ?

Sorry to hear this, I wish you well going forward. May your balloons go with you...

Thanks everyone.

Unfortunately the only funding open to me now is on unsustainable terms. So I'll take my remaining stock home and trade as Kerbside Independent Traders until a job comes up. Not how I want to trade but what can you do?

1 hour ago, Rosemotors said:

Thanks everyone.

Unfortunately the only funding open to me now is on unsustainable terms. So I'll take my remaining stock home and trade as Kerbside Independent Traders until a job comes up. Not how I want to trade but what can you do?

Do you not know anyone that would come in to the business with you as a partner? If you have established premises, fsa etc then there must be someone who would jump at the chance to get involved. Even a small injection of say 10k could get it back on track.

Whatever the outcome though, good luck with whatever you choose to do next.

Sorry to hear you are leaving but its in your blood now so maybe you will be back full throttle maybe a couple more years from now

All the best from me for your future

On 26 July 2016 at 9:47 PM, Rory RSC said:

Why would you lose it by paying the cars off to quickly ? Who was it with ?

Close asset, we were paying them off within a few days.

On 26 July 2016 at 9:47 PM, Rory RSC said:

On ‎25‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 9:33 AM, Rosemotors said:

Hi fellas

It breaks my heart but I've got to close the doors. The writing's been on the wall since I fell out with my stock funding partners.

I guess I'm job-hunting now.

So, thanks for all the advice, the banter and the insights.

I'm in Ireland and need someone TRUSTWORTHY to source cars for me. Would be a steady few quid in it for you, if you want to stay in it part time.

If it's of interest to you or anyone else, just let me know.

Sorry to hear that mate. All the very best for the future.