Sign in to follow this  
j4ck100

Windscreen chips - what do you do ?

So I have an A3 with a windscreen chip which is just off from the drivers line of view - had it repaired today by a mobile guy and it's much better but it's still quite noticeable in my opinion and gets on my nerves as I'm a little bit of a perfectionist . Would you leave it if you were me ? What do you tend to do?

Leave it, can always re-evaluate if a customer moans, but in reality we deal with used cars and they are not perfect are they?

6 hours ago, SC Derby said:

but in reality we deal with used cars and they are not perfect are they?

The Trading Standards & the Consumers always right laws always seem to think they should be!

Leave it .... If they notice and want it changing ask them what there windscreen excess is and then reduce the price accordingly .... That's what I've asked for in the past.

• Like 1

youve done your best,let the buyer guide you

of course a local independent windscreen fitter might fit a good s/h mint screen for you?

i have 2 numbers to ring if need be

• Like 1

Thanks, will cross this bridge when we come to it, might be back in touch as and when.  

Cheers

Few have just picked up an A5 that's taken a beating, I'll let you know what we end up doing.

On 05/07/2016 at 11:26 PM, j4ck100 said:

So I have an A3 with a windscreen chip which is just off from the drivers line of view - had it repaired today by a mobile guy and it's much better but it's still quite noticeable in my opinion and gets on my nerves as I'm a little bit of a perfectionist . Would you leave it if you were me ? What do you tend to do?

I've had a similar problem. I found a windscreen guy that would give me a decent discount if I took the car to his workshop which happens to be about a mile from me. But sometimes the repairs are better than others. The excuse offered is usually something to do with how long the chip has been exposed to dirt and contaminents?

Ours sold, we offered to fill it or reduce the car by the customers excess ... In the end we had our screen guy fill it on site at the customers address of £30 and the customer was happy.