Sign in to follow this  
Tom

July 2016 Sales

Glad to hear your doing well still haven't sold nothing 2 and half weeks and now it's starting to affect me so fingers crossed this week.

on the other hand had a guy in with a s40 2009 Volvo looked really ugly. I called his car showed him average what was £4075 and told him that's all I'm gonna give as its not my cup of tea. The. He has the cheek to cap my car I knew my car was cheap so I did it cap clean £9150 wow and retail £11200 I had my car advertised at £10k with warranty.

i told him balance to change £5900 after seeing the cap figures the guy offers me £5500 and I could just see this guy would be one of the jobs headaches so I declined I'm double thinking know but at the time it felt right.

as far of motors been with them 8 months does not work for me maybe the cheaper stuff but German cars like what I sell no way.

anybody else finding it tough ??? 

Replies greatly appreciated as always.

Edited by basildon car sales

Why don't you cut your losses on your dead stock, slash the prices, gets things gone and restock?

• Like 1

Danny,

i think in your tradeplates tv show you suggested that you were looking to move to stocking around 150-250 cars ( high number of some kind) within 12 months and grow into a car supermarket. 

Dont let your enthusiasm get knocked I thought you came across as a bit of a likeable lad on that episode. 

Think, shift the dead stock, try and maybe market a few special offers and get the money coming in because the bills will still

need paying. 

Now your quiet what have you tried so far to boost sales have you done much? Are you getting response on autotrader stats etc mate ?

• Like 2

SC Derby do you mind me asking what sort of deal that is our rate is £260 per month plus vat ???? 

Thats the rate for the first 4 months, not sure exactly what it goes up to after that but it wasn't much of an increase, the rep reckons it depends how many enquiries you are getting.

I wasn't too worried because I can also cancel after 3 months so if it was a silly price I'd just cancel. I'll let you know when the rep comes out to discuss it.

• Like 1

Rory this is my problem Iv got 40 in stock and some of it right at cost it can't all be dead stock this is where I'm really stuck and what do you do if some of it is at cost how much can you afford to loose.

really stuck with like 5 new x5s arghhhhh

Why is your white 2010 X5 £500 more expensive on ebay than on your website?

You've probably forgot to adjust the price across all adverting platforms, its these little details that can harm your business, especially at the end of the market that you are, you can get away with sloppiness in the budget market but not at the prestige end, keep on top of everything.

Its been said many times but your site needs editing asap! Too many grammar and spelling mistakes, why has it still not been done? Pay somebody £50 on freelancer to fix the spelling mistakes, it will be done in a day.

Don't take this the wrong way .... Your pictures have too much going on in the back ground, have you got an area where you can photo them against a clean backdrop ? People buying prestige cars want to buy them from the likes of a main dealer not a somewhere that looks like a compound. My pet hate is words in capitals, I used to work for a deaf charity and capitals is seen as shouting. Having said that our adverts have capitals (the boss does them) other things like steering wheels being straight on interior shots and air vents lined up :) 

• Like 2

Yep agree with Steve, too much going on in the background of the pictures, the background doesn't look too inviting, especially when you're dealing with prestige clients.

My stock is not as nice as your stuff but even i drive each and every one of my vehicles to a nice spot to take pictures, 10 min drive for each car which can be a ballache but otherwise my pictures would have the background of the yard we're in, not a good first impression.

your site looks more suitable for £2995 and less to be honest.too many cheap banners ,pictures taken with a compound in the background that looks like a scrap yard

you are selling image cars rather than cars to get you to work so image is everything or lifestyle if you prefer or hankering after that lifestyle seeing as you want to push the finance

get rid of those tacky autosmart mats they are good in worn out shitters at £695 0no only

sort the issue with leanders now because it would stop me dead from going further into your website

can you not work from a better site? im sure you dont need main road frontage?

10 hours ago, s and b said:

your site looks more suitable for £2995 and less to be honest.too many cheap banners ,pictures taken with a compound in the background that looks like a scrap yard

you are selling image cars rather than cars to get you to work so image is everything or lifestyle if you prefer or hankering after that lifestyle seeing as you want to push the finance

get rid of those tacky autosmart mats they are good in worn out shitters at £695 0no only

sort the issue with leanders now because it would stop me dead from going further into your website

can you not work from a better site? im sure you dont need main road frontage?

As said before website is in design process with blue sky few more weeks until it's ready unfortunately will do website spell check today and regarding the site main road site is inportant to me as I do get a few passer buys a month. I need to build a photo area but seriously don't know where or how to start.

regarding the auto smart matts what shall I replace with ?

On 7/5/2016 at 4:48 PM, SC Derby said:

Just sold a 3k Fabia, through Parkers (motors network) to a student from Sheffield.

I've been highly critical of Motors in the past but I'm currently paying £185 a month for 30 cars and it's easily justifying the outlay. It seems to be bringing in 2-3 deals a month minimum.

I was paying them close on £400 per month for the full hit package with a website but dropped it last month. Just felt dead money. I'm now redirecting part of that advertising spend on FB and so far that is getting far better results for half the money. The other half of that £400 is being spent on a full hit starkwood website which I'm expecting good things from.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, basildon car sales said:

regarding the auto smart matts what shall I replace with ?

take them out to do the photos,replace once car returned to its sale spot,customers appreciate you are looking after the interior but need to see the floor in your advert to appreciate how clean it is and quality

can you make the canopy more appealing and modern for a reasonable amount of cash

can you make the drive by experiance A127? more appealing so customers might want to come and view next week and not expect its turned into a hand car wash as lots round me do when banners are used rather than corrugated plastic or abs signage

really trying to help by the way:)

s and b your name is ????

also got signs coming as we speak next few weeks will be up on canopy and website very soon cant wait.

i dont have banners i have metal sheet signage.

also was talking to a company today they told me put my dlr camera away use my iphone 6 and they can do back drops does anybody think that will work 

kind regards

danny 

negative feedback is always appreciated as im always learning and trying to improve !!!

Call flow bloody dead! Monday was ok for me but been like a morgue since then.

I am not a fan of white back drops makes the cars look you see on an auction house site very clinical, again thats just my point of view,  I was also advised to clean up my pictures which i have great little tips you pick up on this site. 

Yesterday was a good day, sold 4 cars with good money in them. I'm finding buying slightly easier at the moment anyone noticed prices have softened just slightly when buying in I think I am seeing it. 

seems to be a few more people around at the moment, but still very hard to close the deals, 

agreed buying seems to be good as well lots to pick from and auctions reporting there not making the money, main dealers appear to be doing well looking at the fresh stock though our local auctions each week