Sign in to follow this  
GreenGiant

Paint & Fabric Protection (almost a rant, but not quite)

Question:

If someone presents a vehicle to you for part exchange and they tell you they had had Supagard/GardX/DiamondBrite etc etc applied when they bought it, would you ever consider offering a higher price than you would otherwise have offered because of it?

I think I already know the answer, but I'm curious.

7 minutes ago, GreenGiant said:

Question:

If someone presents a vehicle to you for part exchange and they tell you they had had Supagard/GardX/DiamondBrite etc etc applied when they bought it, would you ever consider offering a higher price than you would otherwise have offered because of it?

Calm Down , Calm down :) ! Of course .... NOT ! 

2 hours ago, GreenGiant said:

Question:

Why not give the guys at Auto Trader a call, they're the experts on valuing part exchanges these days.. 

But to answer your question, No! 

No, because its a waste of time, is sold by main dealers and the owners never top it up as they believe once its applied they never have to wash it again. 

as steve said the product isnt all that anyway.  so another vote for no from me

No chance! Ill apply your new car with it though mr. customer ;)

The quality (actual or perceived) of the products is not what I'm asking about. I just wondered if they had any effect on residual value, in your opinions.

I'd view it as indicative of the way the previous owner cared for their car (much in the same way as I view an older car with branded tyres) and use that to flatter the customer.

I'd also be delighted that it protected the car from stone chips, tree sap and seagull poo :D

13 hours ago, basildon car sales said:

I just signed up to guard ex going to start selling it. Do you think I should or not ???

Yes why not every little helps! 

On 7/1/2016 at 11:10 PM, basildon car sales said:

I just signed up to guard ex going to start selling it. Do you think I should or not ???

If you're not interested in giving out the big afterpacks you get from guard and supagard.  I sell the supaguard but buy from ebay, the box which includes the sealant sponges and scotchguard is about £15 where the after pack is 65-100 from the agent.