Sign in to follow this  
Barclaywoodmotorco

Morning Chaps please could you let me know of any good cheap car transport companies

Morning Chaps 

Please could anyone let me know if there is any cheap good transport companies out there for picking up stock..

Bought a recovery truck but just cant get them back quick enough to turn them around.

Anyone used Cargos before.

Would really appreciate your help.

Many Thanks 

Nic 

Cargoes use set fee per mile, used to be 65p. Always good and swift when moving South to North but not so quick the other way round.

I prefer Movex as you can set your own price and it generally gets accepted, and the companies are vetted/rated etc.

Pro-driver based in Leicester are good for trade plate deliveries. Probably not the cheapest but are very professional. 

Pro-Driver are extremely professional and very good to deal with. Perfect for delivering cars to your customers and even doing hand overs. They are always smart, wearing uniform with a tie. They also do a pay and wait service which is great for buying cars from the public, they arrive, appraise and report and then wait until your bank transfer reaches the customer. 

For trader to trader jobs, Movex is the way forward. I do recommend selecting the box to only use drivers with 5 star feedback as I had one once that had a collision en-route with a roundabout and tried telling me the wheel, tyre and structural damage was there when he picked it up. He eventually admitted liability once I presented him with the evidence. I find that 5 star established drivers are established companies and should be trusted. 

I have found that the guys with minimal feedback, not vat registered and trade using their names are a little dodgy. I have had a group of mates turn up in a car once, some lad driving down to a local football match and used the job as a 1 way ticket. There might not be anything wrong with that in some peoples eyes, but it didn't really sit well with me.  

• Like 1

HI there, 1st time on here.  My Wife has been on the motor trade for years and always uses pro-drive for driven deliveries but we have set up in business with a single car transporter, Agility Auto Delivery Ltd.  If anyone needs anything give us a shout.

MOVEX are OK, but you can't pick your transport company so you can't guarantee a good service.  Just because someone has 6 sets of trade plates doesn't make them the best!

:-)