Sign in to follow this  
samuel welwyn

Quiet time of year

Hi guys,

Hope you are all doing well, several dealers near us have been saying the past couple of weeks have been very quiet. 

Is anyone experiencing the same?

I suppose its a time of year thing?

It's a Russian thing ;)

Writing was on the wall way back in December, I have already seen a couple of local Workshops close up for good since end of February, it has got very quiet between then and June.

Picked up a bit this month, but doesn't really affect me because I have been semi retired for years so not chasing figures these days.

NW Highlands seems to have it's own economy and way of working though.

prices at factors are getting crazy, oil is nearly double what it was 2 years ago, trouble is customers don't appreciate this fact round here even though I try to edumacate them, good thing is they also don't appreciate cars have gone up too till I offer them more than they paid 2 years ago for their car

Lots enquiries not enough buyers.. i got 4 to sell i a small dealer lets see how this month goes. OIl and other parts have gone up soo much

On 7/27/2022 at 11:19 PM, slademotors said:

Lots enquiries not enough buyers.. i got 4 to sell i a small dealer lets see how this month goes. OIl and other parts have gone up soo much

On 7/27/2022 at 7:35 PM, It's me said:

oil is nearly double what it was 2 years ago, trouble is customers don't appreciate this fact round here

That's a fact for sure, even round these parts where most folk don't even look at prices, they just pay up. Lately I have had a couple of ruckers, not local folks but scuffy incomers with shitty old Volvos etc ............ I just politely told them to settle the bill and it's their choice if they don't come back, I don't have barbed wire around the gaff keeping them here :lol:

Must admit I do keep double checking things when typing an Invoice out because the figures I see just seem so bloody ridiculous :(

I did a 2011 Range Rover TDV8 Vogue for a very good customer recently, Rear Discs, Handbrake Shoes, Pads, Fitting Kits, Wear Wire and 2 Calipers OOOOOOOF came to parts and labour Total of just over £1100, but the bonus was he had them done 3 years ago at Main Stealer and said to me they were dearer back then so he was expecting that cost ;)

I wish all my customers were like him :lol:

I've got accounts with the 3 biggest factors locally and tbh I'm finding that Main Dealer Parts are now sometimes cheaper, fairly often the same and odd times only slightly dearer, so even the older cars are often getting OE Parts these days ...............

Trouble is it's a PITA time consuming procedure phoning around for prices :(

Edited by Dave2302

My dealer PDR work slowed a bit this week for the first time this year, my sales of windscreen repair kits to dealers and garages wanting to upsell services has increased, a lot.

On 7/30/2022 at 10:45 AM, Screenman said:

My dealer PDR work slowed a bit this week for the first time this year, my sales of windscreen repair kits to dealers and garages wanting to upsell services has increased, a lot.

IF you know a PDR or smart dent/scuff removal guy around swindon ways please share the details

20 hours ago, slademotors said:

IF you know a PDR or smart dent/scuff removal guy around swindon ways please share the details

Sorry, I do not.