Sign in to follow this  
samuel welwyn

BCA Stock

Hi guys, 

Hope you are all well.

After starting up a few months ago I’ve really got the hand of this trade and have started doing quite well thanks to the help and advice from you guys. 

But the issue I'm having of late is the cars listed on BCA seem to not be of the same quality they were a couple months back and anything decent in there is going for retail money. Meaning I’m wasting hours of my time researching cars that I ultimately don't win.

So the question is, how do you find a large amount of stock with an okay margin whilst making sure what you buy isn't a complete dog efficiently.

On another note. How do you guys ensure you dont miss cars going through on Manheim as, as far as I’m aware there is no app or reminder system as there is with BCA.

Look forward to hearing your responses. 
Samuel

You need to have  varied methods of attaining stock, Rather than just auctions, There is no secret stock that you dont know about, It is just sometimes 8  hours in front of a laptop to purchase 1 or 2

To many of us, myself included, rely to much on bca/manheim which is helping them keep the prices high. We need to realise there’s more ways of gaining stock. Bca don’t care about us buyers they just want your money and it’s got worse since being online only.

Even recently I’ve seen cars fetching more at bca than I could of bought them for privately advertised on AT/EBay etc, and I could of viewed those in person and had a test drive. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Lakeside said:

To many of us, myself included, rely to much on bca/manheim which is helping them keep the prices high. We need to realise there’s more ways of gaining stock. Bca don’t care about us buyers they just want your money and it’s got worse since being online only.

Even recently I’ve seen cars fetching more at bca than I could of bought them for privately advertised on AT/EBay etc, and I could of viewed those in person and had a test drive. 

I hear what you are saying and good on you for doing well out of it.

Honestly I’m really fed up of whats going on with BCA, too many a time I’ve been bid up past my reserve only to see the car back on the block because I've been bidding against the wall

I’m just wondering how dealers with 50+ cars are finding their stock as dont think buying privately is near efficient enough. Are they just bidding on anything? 

• Like 1

On 6/24/2022 at 10:15 AM, samuel welwyn said:

Hi guys, 

Hope you are all well.

After starting up a few months ago I’ve really got the hand of this trade and have started doing quite well thanks to the help and advice from you guys. 

But the issue I'm having of late is the cars listed on BCA seem to not be of the same quality they were a couple months back and anything decent in there is going for retail money. Meaning I’m wasting hours of my time researching cars that I ultimately don't win.

So the question is, how do you find a large amount of stock with an okay margin whilst making sure what you buy isn't a complete dog efficiently.

On another note. How do you guys ensure you dont miss cars going through on Manheim as, as far as I’m aware there is no app or reminder system as there is with BCA.

Look forward to hearing your responses. 
Samuel

I have been trading for about a year .. it all comes with experience. I source my stock from BCA but should be looking at other routes. Generally BCA because i do it part time and buying privately is difficult... Cars i supply are budget below 3k cars so not really thought about the PX route but looking as using this as an option.. 

On 6/24/2022 at 1:26 PM, samuel welwyn said:

I’m just wondering how dealers with 50+ cars are finding their stock as dont think buying privately is near efficient enough. Are they just bidding on anything? 

One person on research all day every day . No one just bids on anything for long as they go out of business like lightning . 

Private purchases is a very slow way in my opinion 

On 8/9/2022 at 2:14 PM, David Horgan said:

One person on research all day every day . No one just bids on anything for long as they go out of business like lightning . 

Private purchases is a very slow way in my opinion 

Yes its very slow especially when you do it part time. You need to put some time in i do about two hours day making a shortlist. There is always a risk element but you are minimising the risk or accounting for when you bid on the car. Just got a Proceed from BCA books at £3k i paid £500 odd including fees. I know it needs some work on it though so that hopefully should be accounted for

Funny you say about fees, I don’t get how they get away being so secretive over fees , does everyone on the same card pay same fees or have some people managed to get theirs lower ? 

15 hours ago, Lambchop said:

Funny you say about fees, I don’t get how they get away being so secretive over fees , does everyone on the same card pay same fees or have some people managed to get theirs lower ? 

At BCA same card same fees apply 

All Gold cards are same fees 

Platinum same . 

The higher the card though the costs for other things like assured / essential reports are less too , used to get free breakfasts in the old days and better parking but that's gone now :(

On 8/10/2022 at 5:12 PM, Lambchop said:

True, manheim fees are on their website if you dig in a bit, but bca only show blue cards as far as I know? Not sure why the secrecy?

Have you noticed most of the BCA stock is marked with engine problems. Never seen so many cars with engine problems. Ive had one come through the other day where it said engine was smoking. Had it delivered drove it around no smoke at all. Has just passed its MOT with no work needed and a new service put on it.

Youtube tyrekickers guy thinks it some legal advise as they will stop any comebacks in case the car goes bad.. or something along those lines. 

Edited by slademotors

On 9/20/2022 at 10:20 PM, slademotors said:

“........Youtube tyrekickers “

There’s certainly a lot of YouTube experts?  

Have you noticed most of the BCA stock is marked with engine problems. Never seen so many cars with engine problems. Ive had one come through the other day where it said engine was smoking. Had it delivered drove it around no smoke at all. Has just passed its MOT with no work needed and a new service put on it.

Youtube tyrekickers guy thinks it some legal advise as they will stop any comebacks in case the car goes bad.. or something along those lines. 

It doesn’t help that BCA have not chosen to restart physical auctions? Unlike Manheim? 

Be careful believing that bca are only doing it to cover their backside. A friend of mine bought a Corsa a couple of weeks back showing amber on engine running. Picked it up and the bottom end is knocking like mad. Engine scrap. 

Yet I bought a 208 that was red for clutch slip and turned out to be perfect. It’s just a complete minefield. 

Edited by Lakeside

Dont believe much at all from BCA , the assessors and RAC techs haven't a clue what day it is , wouldn't know a clack from a click none of them .

On 9/23/2022 at 8:43 PM, Lakeside said:

Be careful believing that bca are only doing it to cover their backside. A friend of mine bought a Corsa a couple of weeks back showing amber on engine running. Picked it up and the bottom end is knocking like mad. Engine scrap. 

Yet I bought a 208 that was red for clutch slip and turned out to be perfect. It’s just a complete minefield. 

Yes its turning into minefield. Here some examples

Brough Kia Proceed amber engine running/smoking - got the car and paperwork had non runner written at the top. BCA refuse liability saying it still stats and drives well yes it does start and drive but sounding like a old women being dragged around the road.

BMW 3 series brought with red light engine smoking - got it delivered engine not smoking at all. Flew through the MOT with minor advisories. 

Another BMW 3 series- photos showed an Andorid head unit has been fitted .. got it delivered head unit missing. BCA refusing liability stating the issue should have been reported whilst vehicles was one site . 

It turning into pot luck and i think i might be changing to manhiem - are they any better?

16 hours ago, samuel welwyn said:

Ive been getting badly burnt recently with the BCA stuff all with clear reports. 

Anyone else noticing anything similar?

Sure have , Reports are written by politicians I think , 

Cant even get tyre tread correct never mind anything else 

On 10/27/2022 at 10:03 AM, David Horgan said:

Sure have , Reports are written by politicians I think , 

Cant even get tyre tread correct never mind anything else 

Surely the best stock goes to Cinch. You guy's certainly are experiencing some aggravation, we gave up buying from BCA years ago best decision we ever made. They used to be sound back in the day pre internet/mega corporate age, issues always sorted. 

I am finding prices being very over valued

Fiat 500 14 plate around 60k £3.6ku add fees and delivery and youre in at 4k retail value 4.4k car. How is anyone making money on that?

Edited by slademotors

32 minutes ago, slademotors said:

I am finding prices being being was over valued..

Fiat 500 14 plate around 60k £3.6ku add fees and delivery and youre in at 4k retail value 4.4k car. How is anyone making money on that?

I really don't know either

Edited by It's me
tabs died

14 hours ago, slademotors said:

I am finding prices being being was over valued..

I think majority of the time its the auctioneers bidding off the wall.

Then again there are some strange Dealers around.

On that note can anyone explain how a dealer with every single of his 25+ reviews being 1 star manages to find capital for 60 cars?