Sign in to follow this  
metcars

The hit list!

Just out of interest. Maybe it’s just me, but has anyone noticed the increase in cars on the hit list being advertised? A plethora of cat n/s near me on autotrader. Is it the backstreet copart rebuilders. Or are more private people buying back their cars to repair? Trade and private sellers.

They are everywhere. We took in a Corsa today in p/x that had been written off twice - cat c and a cat s, much to the surprise of the owner. There are definitely more advertised on Autotrader/trade

I think it’s probably got something to do with these YouTuber’s who make it look so easy to buy off copart, then fix/bodge and sell for big profits

11 hours ago, Bmx Bandits said:

They are everywhere. We took in a Corsa today in p/x that had been written off twice - cat c and a cat s, much to the surprise of the owner. There are definitely more advertised on Autotrader/trade

I think it’s probably got something to do with these YouTuber’s who make it look so easy to buy off copart, then fix/bodge and sell for big profits

High number of ‘proper’ trade advertisers too, which is interesting as none of those youtuber copart guys admit to being car dealers. It’s just for fun apparently? 

I have taken in a Cat S fiesta ST that shows clear on HPI only shows up on motorcheck.   I would urge anyone taking PX to use motorcheck and not HPI. 

I tried to buy a van for 4 weeks and all I could find was wrecks that were overpriced and junk, I eventually bought one that's been cat n and cat s

1 hour ago, It's me said:

I tried to buy a van for 4 weeks and all I could find was wrecks that were overpriced and junk, I eventually bought one that's been cat n and cat s

Double bubble :lol::lol:

• Haha 1

Apparently it’s because during Covid insurance inspectors were doing damage inspections by phone and not actually seeing the vehicle in person. So basically being overly cautious when pricing repairs meaning more cars were being written off.  

5 hours ago, Lakeside said:

Apparently it’s because during Covid insurance inspectors were doing damage inspections by phone and not actually seeing the vehicle in person. So basically being overly cautious when pricing repairs meaning more cars were being written off.  

And lots of furloughed workers decided to buy them to fix up to relieve boredom? :D

12 hours ago, metcars said:

And lots of furloughed workers decided to buy them to fix up to relieve boredom? :D

Yeah, and flogging them on Facebook forgetting to mention they’re write-offs :D

• Like 1

On 6/9/2022 at 11:26 AM, BHM said:

Yeah, and flogging them on Facebook forgetting to mention they’re write-offs :D

Then two years later they sit in front us with a strange look and a jaw on the floor :huh:, just found they've been shafted two years ago and their cars worth £92.70 instead of £1,500 :o

• Haha 1