Sign in to follow this  
TM1989

Quite/stock

How’s everyone doing? Business has gone quite for us up north. We’re not getting no where near as many leads as we were getting back in February never mind last year. How’s it going for you guys? Selling stock? Getting more stock? 

• Like 1

You can’t be surprised! Recession looming, interest rates up (not for savers!). Everyone expected the ‘sunny uplands’ and got a ‘punch in the face’ with the cost of living. Sadly for us, the first thing to cut back on is replacing the old jalopy. It’ll just have to wait another year?

Edited by metcars
  • Like 1

Same here been slow since Easter holidays (selling 8 to 12 year old cars)

Sun out, can go places again, recession if you believe what you read in papers, a lot of people already changed car recently.

We sell old cheap cars (thats what I tell punters when there moaning about a little scratch anyway),but they aren't cheap anymore, we got 20 cars advertised only got 1 for less than £6000

19 minutes ago, samuel welwyn said:

Also been quite here, funny how cars are still going above cap though. 

But then keep getting relisted over and over again. There’s a couple of cars I’ve bid on at bca that have been through every sale every day for a week now. I keep bidding up to my max then getting outbid, only for them to be relisted the next day. 

They’re running the knickers off us.

• Like 1

Dead here , sell 10-15k SUV , phone just not ringing.....busier during lockdown !

6 hours ago, samuel welwyn said:

Hows everyone, anyone slow this month?

Quite quiet...

• Haha 1

Dead, nobody at all  enquiring for the bigger 15-20k stuff. Everyone looking for the cheap crap we don't dare sell

May was like pulling teeth but broke even, June so far has been very much better busy start. However, storm clouds gathering It's going to be heavy going for some time  to come methinks.

• Like 1

Slow fast slow fast here . Today its on fire , Five going out tomorrow , Three booked viewings and sat here waiting for one more today