Sign in to follow this  
metcars

Tales from the block?

Colchester last night. Mk1 focus diesel estate. On sale at £500, hammers down at £1k? Plus fees. Someone must be waking up this morning thinking WTF did I do?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, metcars said:

Someone must be waking up this morning thinking WTF did I do?

Long time since I had hammer fever :lol:

___________________________________________________________________________________

Remember being at Brighouse BCA a few years ago . Golf GTI and my daughter is bidding on it , In front of me were three typical guys who think girls shouldn't be in an auction . they are verbal to the point of me listening very easy to , Bid her up . Another one , Make her pay . Take her £6k mate .

So I nip over the hall say your last bid is £5900 some guys are trotting you , and the last bid went to them at 6k plus fees  . They were devastated  yelling at each other . £1,000 over CAP which then was a lot of money , Auctioneer saw daughter later and shook her hand :lol:

• Haha 1

Last Wednesday. V low mileage N reg (yes N reg) wait for it ....................Kia Sportage! Last MOT looked pretty tragic to me.....£1425 on the hammer so there’ll be another £300+ of fees before they even look at it. They must know something I don’t :wacko:

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, BHM said:

Last Wednesday. V low mileage N reg (yes N reg) wait for it ....................Kia Sportage! Last MOT looked pretty tragic to me.....£1425 on the hammer so there’ll be another £300+ of fees before they even look at it. They must know something I don’t :wacko:

I thought maybe I’d missed a trick. But a crusty 18yr old diesel focus estate! £1,000 at the hammer plus fees? It was sold at £500? There were at least two bidders who thought it was a bargain?

Yikes! :wacko:

44 minutes ago, metcars said:

I thought maybe I’d missed a trick. But a crusty 18yr old diesel focus estate! £1,000 at the hammer plus fees? It was sold at £500? There were at least two bidders who thought it was a bargain?

Yep, sounds like a knacker for the scrap man.

5 hours ago, metcars said:

Might have had a tank of diesel that's worth £500:D

• Haha 2

On 3/25/2022 at 2:00 PM, metcars said:

Sent a 2005 Focus 1.6 Diesel with 240k on the clock and snapped cam belt to the scrappers this week and got £527 for it.......Prices are crazy!