Sign in to follow this  
Barclaywoodmotorco

how much can you deduct, for a refund

hi chaps

please can i ask you chaps how much can you deduct for a refund , rucker coming back after 5 months on guess what , 10 year old R56 MINI peugeot m14 engine .

is it 0.56 pence per mile usage and £150 for a valet . he has been using it for 5 months .

many thanks 

nic

Lawgistics recommend 45 p per mile but this is only a starting point (dated 5 years ago) 

As you have accepted the car back I would assume you have negotiated a fair price for both parties? 

Get it all in writing and get it all signed off 

So many if buts here it might still be wise taking legal advice

20 hours ago, BHM said:

3433x45ppm 

= £1,544.85 reduction , seems a fair deal to me , in 5 months its worth a grand extra now too :ph34r:

Is it using oil then? Chain Gone ?, Turbo shit its self , ? 

If its one of those things then why does customer expect to return it after 5 months , Any fault cant have been present since you sold it surely . In that case its his baby to sort out not yours .

He /She could have done anything to it . Low oil comes to mind as they use oil like a BP disaster spills it 

Edited by David Horgan

I must confess, they wouldn’t be bringing back a 10yr old knacker to me after 5 months & 3.5K miles of ownership. 

thank you for your replies, sold it in November 2021 in December he backed it ,fixed a map sensor and throttle body that fixed it .

he called me last week March 2022  said the fault had come back , so i said i would look at it again for him. He refused and said he wanted a mechanic of his choice.

offered a refund with a fair usage reduction he refused.

offered to pay half the bill of the estimate at his garage £500 he refused .

found a direct message to me on my phone December 11th thanking me for fixing the car the car first time round .

said he is taking this further . expecting a recorded letter in the post any day now with small claims court .

cant win with some people .

58 minutes ago, Barclaywoodmotorco said:

thank you for your replies, sold it in November 2021 in December he backed it ,fixed a map sensor and throttle body that fixed it .

he called me last week March 2022  said the fault had come back , so i said i would look at it again for him. He refused and said he wanted a mechanic of his choice.

offered a refund with a fair usage reduction he refused.

offered to pay half the bill of the estimate at his garage £500 he refused .

found a direct message to me on my phone December 11th thanking me for fixing the car the car first time round .

said he is taking this further . expecting a recorded letter in the post any day now with small claims court .

cant win with some people .

Has to give you chance to inspect it first as it could be a scam just to get money out of you . 

Probably a totally different problem this time round , as MAP sensors and throttle bodies don't go twice in short periods . 

Offering refund that was refused kills his claim really too . Offering money for half the bill is very generous after 4 Months of repair and 3500 miles of fault free motoring 

I would stick to plan A now , we want to see the car and diagnose the fault , Thats the conclusion really . 

Boasting claims about small claims is just his mad rage shouting hot air . When he realises its going to cost money to take a claim out .

If you hear more tell him to return the car for inspection and stop driving it , get him to tell you and exact mileage too at present day . 

Whats the garage said the problem is this time round ?

1 hour ago, Barclaywoodmotorco said:

Take a screen shot print it off

Write down everything you can remember a n d back it up with dates and times

Put all copies of all paperwork in o n e file dedicated to this car

Keep us updated

Are you a lawgistics member? 

Edited by It's me

On 3/21/2022 at 5:41 PM, It's me said:

Keep us updated

On 3/21/2022 at 5:41 PM, It's me said:

Keep us updated

used to be with lawgistics but sick of getting into a fight with petty clients , just drags it out and at the end of the day its only me that faces these people in court not lawgistics .

used to be with lawgistics but sick of getting into a fight with petty clients , just drags it out and at the end of the day its only me that faces these people in court not lawgistics .

Understand