Lambchop

We buy any car

Hi I currently own a carwash and sell a few cars from there. Every now and then we get customers saying they’re  about to sell their car to we buy any car ect and that’s why they’re getting them valeted. Was wondering where to find out what we buy any car are going to offer for their cars so I could buy of them instead and put up for sale . Also what checks do you usually make when customers trade in their cars ? Only looking to buy the cheapies . Any help would be much appreciated thanks .

Edited by Lambchop
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Lambchop said:

Hi I currently own a carwash and sell a few cars from there. Every now and then we get customers saying they’re  about to sell their car to we buy any car ect and that’s why they’re getting them valeted. Was wondering where to find out what we buy any car are going to offer for their cars so I could buy of them instead and put up for sale . Also what checks do you usually make when customers trade in their cars ? Only looking to buy the cheapies . Any help would be much appreciated thanks .

Put the reg into we buy any car your self uk car group is we buy any car at bca auction or simply just ask most people will tell you there offer or show you the email good luck with it all .. good to have you on board if I have any car wash questions I know who to look up .. 

I would have thought you would have been in pole position to buy the customers car, match the price and no need to pay for the valet. Humans are lazy and always take the route of least resistance. 

You should also engage with local car dealers and get a referral fee from them for directing cars to them. There are many companies wanting to buy cars and WBAC don’t pay on the same day I believe.  

Thanks, for reply’s , will try using their site but have to put an e mail address in , maybe will block after so many searches ? , had one  in yesterday Ford Fiesta 2009 65,000 miles said he was taking to we buy any car. I know cap clean is about 2600 ish so said I guessed we buy any car would offer bout 1500 and knock money off so said I’d give him 1200. Havnt heard back so maybe they offered more. Was hoping there was an app with their valuations or it was cap clean minus a percentage. 

If Cap Clean was £2600, he would have been offered at least that, probably £2800. Doesn’t mean he’s going to get that when he gets there.

Ye , just put through site they’re offering £2500 , so they knock a load of when you get there? I don’t get where they’re making their money?

Don't buy old fiesta's. They cost a fortune, take ages to sell , any dings on rear quarters are a nightmare, interiors on old ones are poor. 

On 2/11/2022 at 6:15 PM, Lambchop said:

I know cap clean is about 2600 ish so said I guessed we buy any car would offer bout 1500 and knock money off so said I’d give him 1200. 

if only it was this easy.

4 hours ago, Blenheim Car Sales said:

if only it was this easy.

:lol: :lol:

The car CAPs clean at £2600 & thought an offer of £1200 would be competitive. Fuck me, I had to read it twice cos I thought I’d misunderstood something.

Edited by BHM
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Never used them, I always thought that to pay rent on their locations, wages for staff, transport to and from BCA they’d need a decent margin . Thought they’d offer at least  £500 under cap clean. Assuming most go through auction  close to that don’t see where they’re making much money. I’ve always just bought at auction and sold so pretty naive when it comes to this side . 

I think WBAC used to work on half cap average, may have changed now since the markets gone bonkers.

Thanks, for reply’s , will try using their site but have to put an e mail address in , maybe will block after so many searches ? , had one  in yesterday Ford Fiesta 2009 65,000 miles said he was taking to we buy any car. I know cap clean is about 2600 ish so said I guessed we buy any car would offer bout 1500 and knock money off so said I’d give him 1200. Havnt heard back so maybe they offered more. Was hoping there was an app with their valuations or it was cap clean minus a percentage. 

You haven’t heard back because you absolutely kicked them in the nuts :lol:

Lol, actually interested in what I should have offered ? 2009 fiesta , think had 67000 miles had a ding drivers rear quarter few other scratches, not terrible condition prob needed a tyre . Didn’t have alloys and was the style with the vents at the front, no fog lights in light blue . I actually said £1200 would go to £1500 let me know what they offer . 

Edited by Lambchop

Any email once it ends in yahoo.com or gmail.com. I usually slap the keyboard with my hand asiludfgikhWS@yahoo.com will work fine. Any mobile number once it has the required amount of digits and you will get your quote. They offer Cap average for everything so if you have access to cap you already know the figures. 

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/en/used-cars/part-exchange.html#/landing similar process tends to offer more realistic part ex prices if you are trying to price something 

Thanks highline . Has actually come as a surprise for me how much they offer. If they are giving close to cap average for each car , surely they can’t be making much after all their costs . Maybe they’re branches are going through a shi*t ton of cars, they never look too busy to me .

4 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

Thanks highline . Has actually come as a surprise for me how much they offer. If they are giving close to cap average for each car , surely they can’t be making much after all their costs . Maybe they’re branches are going through a shi*t ton of cars, they never look too busy to me .

1. They are doing the numbers.

2. If the car isn’t almost perfect they will chip the price. How much (or little) depends upon how desirable the car is. As an example I’ve been told having just one key is an automatic £150 deduction (try that game on a punter p/xing :lol:).

3. Anyone who has access to online auctions will see sales prices - a few nice models making thousands into book soon tally up.

6 minutes ago, BHM said:

1. They are doing the numbers.

2. If the car isn’t almost perfect they will chip the price. How much (or little) depends upon how desirable the car is. As an example I’ve been told having just one key is an automatic £150 deduction (try that game on a punter p/xing :lol:).

3. Anyone who has access to online auctions will see sales prices - a few nice models making thousands into book soon tally up.

Agreed @BHM, don’t forget they need stock for CINCH too, so we can listen to that illiterate twat on their ad. 

If they are supplying  cinch makes more sense to me,  more the thought that they can basically offer what they want as most punters don’t have time to and are never going to bother selling privately. 

Also I don’t know why they give quotes that high then chip of ? Why not just offer close to what they’ll give rather than pissing off every customer when they get there .

5 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

If they are supplying  cinch makes more sense to me,  more the thought that they can basically offer what they want as most punters don’t have time to and are never going to bother selling privately. 

Also I don’t know why they give quotes that high then chip of ? Why not just offer close to what they’ll give rather than pissing off every customer when they get there .

If you offer what you are going give them  they don't turn up , simple . People are inherently greedy , so high offer gets them on site  then appraise the car in question and offer whats its worth , All used cars are different and I've only ever seen two cars in decades that were what I'd call looked after . 

Owners know their car is a pile of shite and they tell lies to sell it , They just need to be told face to face . High offer gets the face to face meeting . 

will try using their site but have to put an e mail address in , maybe will block after so many searches

They wont block you , Just use an email thats made up 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

If you offer what you are going give them  they don't turn up , simple . People are inherently greedy , so high offer gets them on site  then appraise the car in question and offer whats its worth , All used cars are different and I've only ever seen two cars in decades that were what I'd call looked after . 

Owners know their car is a pile of shite and they tell lies to sell it , They just need to be told face to face . High offer gets the face to face meeting . 

They wont block you , Just use an email thats made up 

There are more lies told by punters than there ever are by dealers. The old trick of value the car agree the deal and when they come to trade in and pick the new car up, the  tyres have mysteriously lost 5mm of tread. 

Young couple came in yesterday driving a 2017 Yeti.  Told me they had had an amazing offer on the car, had to take it and were now looking for something else.  They bought it in June last year for £10500 and WBAC have offered them £15300, therefore near enough a £5000 profit in a year. I check CAP and its £14150 clean.  He said he was dubious so went to his local site where they only knocked off £100. 

On the flip side, I did buy two privates last week at £700 and £400 under the offers the owners had received from WBAC and Cazoo.  Owners expected to be messed around once on site so would rather support local business.   I still feel I paid too much, but at least that's two cars those assholes didn't get their hands on.

Edited by CRW
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, CRW said:

Young couple came in yesterday driving a 2017 Yeti.  Told me they had had an amazing offer on the car, had to take it and were now looking for something else.  They bought it in June last year for £10500 and WBAC have offered them £15300, therefore near enough a £5000 profit in a year. I check CAP and its £14150 clean.  He said he was dubious so went to his local site where they only knocked off £100. 

On the flip side, I did buy two privates last week at £700 and £400 under the offers the owners had received from WBAC and Cazoo.  Owners expected to be messed around once on site so would rather support local business.   I still feel I paid too much, but at least that's two cars those assholes didn't get their hands on.

I like that lol 

Interesting thought a bit off topic, how much would some dealers have made if they had just kept the stock they had a year ago and had locked the gates and not sold any.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Screenman said:

Interesting thought a bit off topic, how much would some dealers have made if they had just kept the stock they had a year ago and had locked the gates and not sold any.

We said that last week my mate bought a used car from a main dealer last year and there around £1500 more for the same car just now much the same age and mileage .. 

Edited by Casper