Sign in to follow this  
mark-s

VIP type events - what comes next

I know the larger dealerships use the VIP type showroom events to drum up business but then they have a larger budget than most independents so I can see why smaller traders don't use them. These events have now though been running for a good amount of time so does anyone have any ideas on what could replace them or what might be better for the independent? 

18 hours ago, mark-s said:

I know the larger dealerships use the VIP type showroom events to drum up business but then they have a larger budget than most independents so I can see why smaller traders don't use them. These events have now though been running for a good amount of time so does anyone have any ideas on what could replace them or what might be better for the independent? 

What about having a circus event at our pitches? We should be able to nail it very easily....

Customers want us to jump through hoops, make their problems disappear, run around like headless chickens, see into the future and do mind reading.Also pretty sure that we've all  employed plenty of clowns as well.

Roll up,roll up.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, the old novice said:

What about having a circus event at our pitches? We should be able to nail it very easily....

Customers want us to jump through hoops, make their problems disappear, run around like headless chickens, see into the future and do mind reading.Also pretty sure that we've all  employed plenty of clowns as well.

Roll up,roll up.

Brilliant

I still want to one day have a car where all the doors fall off it as a customer approaches, until then I just have the red nose:lol:

• Like 1

I think we should offer therapy and counselling sessions to the melts we have to deal with. Sat there last week while a 60 year old balled his eyes out over the loss of his 88 year old partner a month ago. Yes, very sad, but man up and accept the bugger was 88. I felt like asking him how long did he expect him to live? 

13 hours ago, CRW said:

I think we should offer therapy and counselling sessions to the melts we have to deal with. Sat there last week while a 60 year old balled his eyes out over the loss of his 88 year old partner a month ago. Yes, very sad, but man up and accept the bugger was 88. I felt like asking him how long did he expect him to live? 

Yikes! I’m guessing you won’t be volunteering for Samaritans any time soon?

15 minutes ago, metcars said:

Yikes! I’m guessing you won’t be volunteering for Samaritans any time soon?

I am sympathetic to a point, but I was there to buy his car, not watch staged dramatics.  He then decided halfway through that he didn't want to sell it to me and would just keep it for the memories!.  My response was "well keeping it wont bring him back", which quickly straightened him out.

28 minutes ago, CRW said:

My response was "well keeping it wont bring him back", which quickly straightened him out.

:lol::lol: A line straight from the Samaritans book of sympathetic comments.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CRW said:

I am sympathetic to a point, but I was there to buy his car, not watch staged dramatics.  He then decided halfway through that he didn't want to sell it to me and would just keep it for the memories!.  My response was "well keeping it wont bring him back", which quickly straightened him out.

Yes, “the dead don’t need loving?” Straight out of the bereavement counselling handbook?

43 minutes ago, metcars said:

Yes, “the dead don’t need loving?” Straight out of the bereavement counselling handbook?

Just good old Cornish straight talking. "Tell'un likee is" we call it.

A trader I do work for has never had any money in any of the cars I have done dents on him for, I cannot figure how he is still in business , I have been doing bit for him for over 25 years. It is not just the public.

its a good question, dont know how VIP events actually return any additional value now with so much of buyers going on the internet first to do research. My son and I attended one last year that had cardboard cutouts of Ant and Dec and Simon Cowell???? I can see it for new model launches to drum up a bit of interest but these things cost thousands

• Like 1