Andy0

Wbac > bca > forecourt

I’ve been getting deliveries from bca the last few years. Wanted to share the opposite side which I found interesting. 
My mum needed to sell her car. Can’t drive it anymore. 
normally I’d have sold it but due to family crap I couldn’t touch it (I’d be accused of a rip off whatever I paid). 
I send her to wbac. After the inspection guy priced it at 6300, calling the manager it’s 6660. The best price. 
this is a Tuesday. With their free payment (they want more money if you want the cash quick) the cash will be in the account Monday. 

by Thursday it’s on bca. Sale is Monday. 
Goes for 8200. Fees on top. 

they’ve been paid for the car by the time they have to pay for it.with a nice £2k  

it’s now on autotrader for 9999.

I’m in the wrong game lol. 

Errrr....a company dealing in cars is making a profit. Sorry, but I’m unsure what the news is here.

Possible they made less on that one unit than most of us make per unit, overheads if anyone is wondering what I am talking about.

Cant help but think you slipped up there a bit! Bit late now.....

25 minutes ago, CRW said:

Cant help but think you slipped up there a bit! Bit late now.....

Sometimes with family its just not worth getting involved someone always has an opinion and thinks you are ripping them off. I get that.

17 hours ago, Andy0 said:

I’ve been getting deliveries from bca the last few years. Wanted to share the opposite side which I found interesting. 
My mum needed to sell her car. Can’t drive it anymore. 
normally I’d have sold it but due to family crap I couldn’t touch it (I’d be accused of a rip off whatever I paid). 
I send her to wbac. After the inspection guy priced it at 6300, calling the manager it’s 6660. The best price. 
this is a Tuesday. With their free payment (they want more money if you want the cash quick) the cash will be in the account Monday. 

by Thursday it’s on bca. Sale is Monday. 
Goes for 8200. Fees on top. 

they’ve been paid for the car by the time they have to pay for it.with a nice £2k  

it’s now on autotrader for 9999.

I’m in the wrong game lol. 

I don't know what the car is, I'm shocked you sent her to WBAC tbf!

3 hours ago, Rory RSC said:

Sometimes with family its just not worth getting involved someone always has an opinion and thinks you are ripping them off. I get that.

Absolutely. Even if you work for £100 a bonnet some fucker (perhaps a relative you last saw last century) will have a negative opinion. 

24 minutes ago, BHM said:

Absolutely. Even if you work for £100 a bonnet some fucker (perhaps a relative you last saw last century) will have a negative opinion. 

Personally if my family begrudged me making a living I wouldn't consider them family worth bothering with.  

:lol: fair comment but I still agree with the op

Hold the front page

Profit is a dirty word in the uk

Wait till the new buyer breaks gdpr and pesters her for the spare key and locking wheel nut:D

1 hour ago, It's me said:

Wait till the new buyer breaks gdpr and pesters her for the spare key and locking wheel nut:D

:lol::lol:

Before my grandad passed away I agreed to sell his car for him. It was around £10k and he decided not to drive anymore. TBH it actually cost me money to sell it but I wanted to help him, it ended up actually being the last time I ever saw him as he passed away not long after it sold.

I had this broke uncle always gambling just a loser, bit of a pisshead aswell. He was telling him that his car was worth loads more and that I was ripping him off.  Kept tying to get him to take it to we buy any car.   This guy literally wanted to block me from selling it and getting more as he felt I was getting something out of it. He would rather have had him get less money than me earn a tenner.  Nothing as strange as people.

On 2/5/2022 at 10:27 AM, Rory RSC said:

Before my grandad passed away I agreed to sell his car for him. It was around £10k and he decided not to drive anymore. TBH it actually cost me money to sell it but I wanted to help him, it ended up actually being the last time I ever saw him as he passed away not long after it sold.

I had this broke uncle always gambling just a loser, bit of a pisshead aswell. He was telling him that his car was worth loads more and that I was ripping him off.  Kept tying to get him to take it to we buy any car.   This guy literally wanted to block me from selling it and getting more as he felt I was getting something out of it. He would rather have had him get less money than me earn a tenner.  Nothing as strange as people.

Family can be so weird when it comes to money. Many would rather someone else make the money?!

• Like 1

A far wealthier guy than myself once told me, if you are going to sell to family or friends make sure you earn well to cover the future stress.

• Like 2

On 2/7/2022 at 10:42 AM, Huggins said:

Family can be so weird when it comes to money. Many would rather someone else make the money?!

Very true money is the route of all evil especially among families from my experience