Sign in to follow this  
Barclaywoodmotorco

Anyone quiet , having a shocker this month

Shocking here , mind you really struggling for stock with these auction prices!

We’re the opposite, Jan’s normally a slower start to the year, always put it down to people over spending at Christmas, this year the month started well and has just continued, no pattern as to what’s selling, Petrol/diesel/small/big. I’ve even managed to sell some oldies that have been hanging about for far too long. We have been really firm on our prices too.

I have noticed we are getting a really good enquiry level from Autotrader, noticeably higher than normal in fact, so might be worth a look if your not already using them. 

It’s all swings and roundabouts, so I’m sure give it a couple of weeks and you’ll be flying and my sales guys will be sat around telling me they could earn more money stacking shelves or driving HGV’s :lol:

One man band & I’ve only got a handful advertised but enquiries are through the roof, shed loads of arseholes & the bottom dollar brigade are out in force, sales are hard to come because prices are fixed. 

The private man is getting left behind on price but he doesn’t realise the next wave of cars we are buying today & advertising over the next few weeks after prep will be even higher. 

• Like 1

Good to see some of us doing good but we are experiencing this January is no different than December still very slow  

31 sold from 47 stock so far, 24 from the autotrader, cant restock quick enough and that's the problem, still crazy trade prices, service side is booked up for 3 months almost, not had that ever before, people seem to think prices are going to keep going up so are buying now rather than sitting and waiting, one couple at the weekend bought a nice 18 Focus after they'd just seen me put the price up by £125 saying "we thought we'd buy it now before it goes up even more" - crazy times

Great to hear some of you guy's are having a good time with the job. Not exactly sparkling with us trickling along right now, keeping the powder dry with our retail prices as  wholesale money by and large is still strong. Re-cleaning and fresh photo's ready for the surge in demand :lol:

• Like 1

So have things improved ?? ……… really hopeful that it has for you , as it’s gone from mental to insane down here. 

Sincerely pleased for you and anyone else who is having a good time with the job right now. Here well unfortunately it rhymes with bright!  

expected a quite week or 2 to start than normality however been strong throughout. Over 50 sold from stock of 60 overall decent month.

Yeah very good here, best January since I've been here (7 years) by 40%. Been very strong throughout. I had the first 4 days off too, wish I hadn't lol.

I’ve gone from having a decent January to it dropping off a cliff so far this month. Not an ounce of interest in anything last week.

It seems down at the moment no real interest advert views are down could be prices of cars to be blamed or general high inflation 

Edited by Zahoor

How's demand for everyone one at the moment? I have upped my stock level as pretty much full time due to redundancy. However the phones very quiet.. 

Edited by slademotors