Sign in to follow this  
TRADE SURVIVOR

Quiet December What's Next

Had so far the slowest December in all our years of trading, somehow think with all that is going on January could be a damp squib. Thoughts please? Yes it will pick up could be a slow burn though. 

Yet after a few slightly more sensible weeks at the auctions the prices seam to have gone back through the roof again this week. Someone must be selling somewhere.

It's been a busy week for tyre kickers that's for sure, I guess it's a man's way of getting out of grimbo shopping with the wife

1 hour ago, It's me said:

It's been a busy week for tyre kickers that's for sure, I guess it's a man's way of getting out of grimbo shopping with the wife

....and half of them full of Covid.

• Like 1

On 12/16/2021 at 10:25 AM, Lakeside said:

Yet after a few slightly more sensible weeks at the auctions the prices seam to have gone back through the roof again this week. Someone must be selling somewhere.

Yes wholesale prices have been more palatable of late however, definitely seen an increase on anything near retail ready recently. We have been stocking up as many others have it will only take a slight upsurge in retail demand to set the real madness off again, question is when? Running out of space and money :lol:   

Very slow here , but an uptick in finance enquiries (sub prime) and lots of those frustrating Emails :  'I'm interested in your car , you can contact me back on Timewaster@hotmail.com'

2 hours ago, Anglo9 said:

'I'm interested in your car , you can contact me back on Timewaster@hotmail.com'

:lol::lol:

or better still those timewasters who email their phone no. asking you to call them :rolleyes: but can’t phone you. I can only assume they’ve no credit on their Giff Gaff account or they like to feel their business is being chased. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, BHM said:

:lol::lol:

or better still those timewasters who email their phone no. asking you to call them :rolleyes: but can’t phone you. I can only assume they’ve no credit on their Giff Gaff account or they like to feel their business is being chased. 

There's nothing wrong with jif jaff:ph34r::D

Seen some loons this month .

I'm interested in your car , Well effing ring about it  then you daft twat 

How much will you give me for my car , Then Nothing back to reg and miles question , Dopy loon 

Do you take PX cars that are scrap . Idiots , No but I'll take your dog or violin  as PX if you want 

Will you buy my car please ? , Anyone else's but not yours because you don't answer the phone , 

Why am i going to pay more for the car on finance , Feck off mate 

If you give me a great price for mine I'll buy yours , You have ? A red Mercedes but its my dads so i cant give you the number , BYE 

What do you mean you haven't got a bloody driving licence , Not for me its my sons but I'm financing it , OMG , go get a private loan you idiot , I cant my credits no good , Feck off 

COVID has a lot to answer for , Drains their brain cells of whatever they had and that was not much , 

Roll on 2022 , mind i said that about 2021 , look where that's got us too by December . 

Oh forgot one , I have a holiday booked , all inclusive to Cyprus , 5 * Hotel with Flights  , interested in PX against the Golf R , money your way , NO go to Cyprus and don't come back .

Happy Christmas to you all on hear , Very Happy New Year is even more required to everyone , 

back In Jan 

• Haha 1

Had a few classics this month.

Ringing about your Vitara up at £13,495... thing is my budget is 10k any chance you could meet it...... 

Looking at financing a cheap car maybe £150 a month, oh i currently am not employed and have a driving ban but its for me mate to drive me about looking for work so i think it should be fine.

For some reason I’ve had plenty of the midnight email crowd asking me to phone them back sometime :rolleyes:

Last night someone left an answerphone message at 9.25pm saying he realised it was late but he’s interested in a car so he’ll phone tomorrow (in my experience these arseholes never phone the next day). Then 30 seconds later he phoned again to say he realises its late but is there now any chance he could “come for a look”.

On 12/22/2021 at 10:02 AM, BHM said:

he realises its late but is there now any chance he could “come for a look”.

Not at 9.30 pm i hope . :blink:

On 12/20/2021 at 11:12 PM, TRADE SURVIVOR said:

Love the rant David sums the  job up at the moment :rolleyes:

Had another yesterday , 3k Aygo , 30 year son just passed his driving test , Mummy and Daddy came in a brand new A5 , Oh it sounds rather tinny mummy says , I don't like the second key not being a push button , then asked if i want to sell this car we can offer £2,000 , Bearing in mind he wanted Finance on this 3k car with £500 dipper , I just said its gone UP lady , Bye , 

Sooner buy it myself be honest 

2 hours ago, David Horgan said:

Not at 9.30 pm i hope . :blink:

Yes. However needless to say this pillock hasn’t managed to phone during normal hours, they never do, it’s the typical timewaster’s automatic knee-jerk reaction to seeing an advert - they want IMMEDIATE gratification & fuck any pretence towards decency or courtesy. I’m afraid I’ve dealt with the public for far too long to dance to their contrary tune.

Edited by BHM

21 minutes ago, BHM said:

Yes. However needless to say this pillock hasn’t managed to phone during normal hours, they never do, it’s the typical timewaster’s automatic knee-jerk reaction to seeing an advert - they want IMMEDIATE gratification & fuck any pretence towards decency or courtesy. I’m afraid I’ve dealt with the public for far too long to dance to their contrary tune.

You can just imagine them at home in their stained onesies, the 84 inch TV courtesy of universal credit held up with 4 inch nails on the wall facing the curtain less windows so all the neighbours can see it, the central heating on 24 degrees, the baby screaming in the background, feliciar on her 3rd cig they got from under the counter at the European open all hours store, dog barking (get down shep) 

So there you go

I got a Christmas card yesterday and he's just rung me, coincidence or what? I ignored it.

going home at 4 coming back next year

Edited by It's me

34 minutes ago, It's me said:

going home at 4 coming back next year

Same. Decided to give the our guys the time off till next year, not convinced we will do any good if open in between this time around.    

• Like 1

8 hours ago, slademotors said:

Hows everyones easter been... it looks like its gone very quiet

Very quiet

The tumbleweed keeps getting swept up so I'm keeping busy:D

I sell windscreen repair tools to the motor trade, along with doing PDR, it seems plenty of my customers are staying positive if not busy. Sales of screen repair tools has been extremely busy as garages offer more services to existing customers, Volvo being an obvious one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Screenman said:

I sell windscreen repair tools to the motor trade, along with doing PDR, it seems plenty of my customers are staying positive if not busy. Sales of screen repair tools has been extremely busy as garages offer more services to existing customers, Volvo being an obvious one.

Interesting you sell repair kits , Kits with Dremmel drill and the rest of the package , How much if i can ask ? One with the 240 v Dremmel 

Thin fluid and the thicker fluid , Setting light and all  .

looking to fix our own screens as getting someone to do it is hopeless round here . 

Borrowed a screen guys kit the other day to do 6 of our screens , Made a good job if i say so myself