Sign in to follow this  
metcars

Breakdown cover

I have personal cover with auto-aid, anyone use anything they can recommend. Must be personal/any car type?

Good thing about AutoAid is it includes cover for your partner.

My daughter got some kind of discount coupon for RAC - personal cover only cost her £35 for the year.

I’ve just renewed with Auto-Aid but EVERY year the policy becomes less attractive.

It used to be cheap back-up but now it’s about £60 (I know, not a king’s ransom but it’s been hiked up over the last few years, it used to be about half that) & the latest restriction is they only cover cars up to 15yrs old unless you cough up another £15.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BHM said:

I’ve just renewed with Auto-Aid but EVERY year the policy becomes less attractive.

It used to be cheap back-up but now it’s about £60 (I know, not a king’s ransom but it’s been hiked up over the last few years, it used to be about half that) & the latest restriction is they only cover cars up to 15yrs old unless you cough up another £15.

Yeah, that’s pretty much how i see it. I used to ‘smoke’ a really old diesel shogun and the breakdown cover was prudent. Especially as I towed with it. Ironically, the old shogun always managed to get me home when It had issues (or I fixed it at the roadside). The only time I called them to actually recover it was when the engine spun a bearing on the school run?