Nevillec

Auction prices

Hi, I have noticed there are a lot more provisionals at the auctions, we mainly use Manheim.   The prices seem to be easy off a bit.....about time.   Bought a couple this week  at ok money.......still seem high but compared to the current prices  not bad.

Anyone else noticed the same?

• Like 1

Yep , surprised myself by winning a couple last week...it's gone quiet though 1

Surely it can’t get much worse :wacko:

Tbh from what I can tell, despite the prices, half of the lots are half-fucked anyway. I don’t think I’ve dipped my hand into my pocket for repairs as much as I have in the last 4 months. The only saving grace is least we can now add it on at the other end.

Edited by BHM
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, BHM said:

Surely it can’t get much worse :wacko:

Tbh from what I can tell, despite the prices, half of the lots are half-fucked anyway. I don’t think I’ve dipped my hand into my pocket for repairs as much as I have in the last 4 months. The only saving grace is least we can now add it on at the other end.

Agree, Ive bought a few more recently from BCA, still top money but managed to sell quickly for a few quid more than normal margin. Public seem to realise they need to pay more. December started well compared to previous Decembers but quieter this week as per normal in run up to xmas

Is it just me or has pricing gone mental again? 

How could soo many people be buying grade 4s with no history at 400 less then retail? 

Am I missing something? 

11 hours ago, samuel welwyn said:

Is it just me or has pricing gone mental again? 

How could soo many people be buying grade 4s with no history at 400 less then retail? 

Am I missing something? 

Agreed, not really sure what the hells going on at the min. I’m watching grade 5’s go way over cap then price checking with AT and finding I could go and buy an equivalent retail ready car from another dealer cheaper than I could from BCA. Who is actually making money from these auction cars at the min?

It’s madness money cars are making !!

Who is buying them and where the f%#k they are going with them … apart from bankrupt 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Jack Regan said:

It’s madness money cars are making !!

Who is buying them and where the f%#k they are going with them … apart from bankrupt 

I often ask the same question a while back tried to buy an Audi for 16k at mainheim it  made 17 k the exact same car was online at the Audi main dealer for £18900 before it went off to auction and that same car ended up in a car supermarket for £21k madness 

Edited by Casper

Yes i've been getting increasingly frustrated with the mad prices. When I get desperate for stock and bid more than I ought to and.. still get out bid?! 

Looks like I'm going to be on for a loss this month due to the lack of stock, first time in 17 years!! 

Yet some local dealers are full to the rafters with mid range stock but can only assume they've given ALL the money for the stock and are hoping for the best. I don't think I'm brave enough or trust the auction appraisal enough for this business model. 

I still am getting  the odd customer who wants a peach for their daughter and have a £1000 to spend but it must have full history,last time they bought a car off me was 1994 but it was a good one apparently:huh:

9 minutes ago, Lakeside said:

A lot selling for way under cap today. Has the table finally turned? 

Not what I'm looking at , still 4 figures over CAP , Starting above CAP with strong bids  

On 2/13/2022 at 1:24 PM, It's me said:

I still am getting  the odd customer who wants a peach for their daughter and have a £1000 to spend but it must have full history,last time they bought a car off me was 1994 but it was a good one apparently:huh:

At this rate it will be a classic now and worth a fortune in the trade in twice what you sold them if for .. lol

53 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

Not what I'm looking at , still 4 figures over CAP , Starting above CAP with strong bids  

What area are you? I’ve been watching most of the midland sites today and most has been going up to a grand under Cap. Been the odd one that’s still fetched a high price but still a lot better than it has been recently. 

anything in demand and  worth buying  is still way over guide,  all the usual stuff that is in high demand

only things below guide i can see  is the stuff that does not shift quick and the trade do not usually like

this is the  new  normal.

On 2/14/2022 at 5:14 PM, Casper said:

At this rate it will be a classic now and worth a fortune in the trade in twice what you sold them if for .. lol

sorry they are all new washing machines now:D

• Haha 1

On 2/14/2022 at 5:26 PM, Lakeside said:

What area are you? I’ve been watching most of the midland sites today and most has been going up to a grand under Cap. Been the odd one that’s still fetched a high price but still a lot better than it has been recently. 

East midlands Area 

We dont sell normal stuff i suppose thats our real problem 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, samuel welwyn said:

Most cars going 2k+ above CAP today.

Am I missing something?

Yeah, where does cap get its info?