Sign in to follow this  
Bava46

BCA payment issue

Hi all I have a major issue with bca at moment. Since their email of 4 October saying they're not taking card payments for a while, I purchased a vehicle and tried paying via the banking process through their app. 

My bank blocked the payment as the account name had xxxxx and then 3 numbers. Fair do's to the bank. My bank account got locked for 5 days. 

Put in a complaint and no one bothered responding for 2 weeks and pointing me to the website again. 

Clearly bca are trying to save on fees as well as not paying their hall drivers peanuts by not holding live auctions anymore under covid excuses. 

Anyone else had such issues? 

I thought organisations have to provide a variety of payment options?

Tbh I have had enough of bca after this, they treat us like dirt, pay drivers peanuts, there's lack of equality in their organisation, there's a particular culture and I think it's about time the press were involved / investigated. 

I might sound OTT but am sure you would be too if your bank account was locked for 5 days because of their greed!! 

Edited by Bava46

To be fair card fees these days are ridiculous. I can't believe they accepted cards for so long. Although for sure they are keeping all this saving to themselves, no reduction in fees I'm sure.

Visa/Mastercard have shot themselves in the foot with their greed for any company supplying big ticket items. Most are dropping card now for big ticket purchases.

We never had any issues with bank transfer payments to them.

Agree with FHP if i was in bca shoes i would have done this years ago, i bet they have hundreds of clawback requests every week. 

No idea why your bank need to freeze your account for five days over one suspect transaction, sounds like overkill again is that BCA fault. 

for the record i think there a bunch of cowboys as well but cant be blamed for everything that goes wrong

2 hours ago, justina3 said:

Agree with FHP if i was in bca shoes i would have done this years ago, i bet they have hundreds of clawback requests every week. 

No idea why your bank need to freeze your account for five days over one suspect transaction, sounds like overkill again is that BCA fault. 

for the record i think there a bunch of cowboys as well but cant be blamed for everything that goes wrong

Couldn't agree more and when they have WBAC and CINCH, I can't believe some of the Dealer Groups have exclusive deals to remarket their cars. 

2 hours ago, petrol head said:

I can't believe some of the Dealer Groups have exclusive deals to remarket their cars. 

Short sightedness comes as standard in this industry.

Back to AHs - no doubt we can all look forward to their annual buyers fee increase  in January.

On 11/11/2021 at 8:56 PM, Bava46 said:

Tbh I have had enough of bca after this, they treat us like dirt, pay drivers peanuts, there's lack of equality in their organisation, there's a particular culture and I think it's about time the press were involved / investigated. 

I feel your pain but;

A) do you really think it’s just BCA who are guilty of this?

b) I don’t think whinging car dealers being raped by AHs would sell many newspapers.

Edited by BHM
  • Like 1