Sign in to follow this  
LSP Vehicles

Autotrader pics

Hi all, 

Just after some advice, pointers.

I use my samsung to take pics of our vehicles, however, a, it's a ballache uploading via my phone, b) i have to adjust, crop, resize them every time and man is it annoying.  Just wondered am I not doing something right, not go the right setting on my phone?

At the very least I'd like not to have to resize them every time I take pics.

Thanks

I do exactly the same, The  pictures are your shop window, its the only thing your customers have to see what it is you have, I say it is worth the 20-30 min to presnt your  car in its very best way possible

I have to upload them from the phone, Then crop them and  re size them as you do, It just the way it is

• Like 2

Get a new phone with a good camera, you will have to crop them but not resize, but that said its part of the job and the better the images the more likely you are to sell them compared to a advert with crap images

Agee with the above. You need to put every effort into producing professional high quality images of your stock. Photography is now a huge part of the job and is always Time well spent!

:)

On 10/18/2021 at 5:27 PM, LSP Vehicles said:

Hi all, 

Just after some advice, pointers.

I use my samsung to take pics of our vehicles, however, a, it's a ballache uploading via my phone, b) i have to adjust, crop, resize them every time and man is it annoying.  Just wondered am I not doing something right, not go the right setting on my phone?

At the very least I'd like not to have to resize them every time I take pics.

Thanks

Put a few examples up, I'm sure folk will give you some good pointers 

22 hours ago, metcars said:

Agee with the above. You need to put every effort into producing professional high quality images of your stock. Photography is now a huge part of the job and is always Time well spent!

:)

100% agree.Spend a bit of time on you tube searching for photography tutorials.I much prefer a  digital camera, then a quick photo edit to crop the pic, play around slightly with the colour, contrast and sharpness but not enough to make them look false. Takes me about 30 mins from taking a load of pics or getting them on the advert. Most cameras will come with easy to use photo editing software that even i find easy to use.That said i know of traders that get great results with a camera on the iphone but i've got fingers like cows udders so digi camera works for me.

4 hours ago, the old novice said:

100% agree.Spend a bit of time on you tube searching for photography tutorials.I much prefer a  digital camera, then a quick photo edit to crop the pic, play around slightly with the colour, contrast and sharpness but not enough to make them look false. Takes me about 30 mins from taking a load of pics or getting them on the advert. Most cameras will come with easy to use photo editing software that even i find easy to use.That said i know of traders that get great results with a camera on the iphone but i've got fingers like cows udders so digi camera works for me.

I’m a keen amateur photographer anyway. But as you say it’s easy for anyone to get excellent results with a little effort.