Sign in to follow this  
Lambchop

Not received v5

Bought a car from copart, they said they had v5 on file, never received it rang them and they said they’ve sent it out. Take it it has been lost so gonna have to pay £25 for a new 1 . Wanted to apply online to get it sooner but I think they need the previous keepers address to do that way, and I don’t know it .Have I got to send through the post and wait bout 4 weeks for it? 

go on the dvla website,see if its showing as untaxed,if it is then it may well be in trade,this would mean you could go up to post office fill in a v62 pay the £25 and tax it ,this way dvla now promise to send a log book within 2 weeks on their new beta system i read today as i new keepered an owner

if not showing in trade then the sooner you apply via post then sooner they write to new keeper then tell you when you will get log book and then they send it out second class,got one last week only took them 10 weeks

you could try web chat...........shut down last week

or you could try phoning,i phoned maybe 50 times last week never got through

goodas luckas

21 hours ago, Lambchop said:

Bought a car from copart, they said they had v5 on file, never received it rang them and they said they’ve sent it out. Take it it has been lost so gonna have to pay £25 for a new 1 . Wanted to apply online to get it sooner but I think they need the previous keepers address to do that way, and I don’t know it .Have I got to send through the post and wait bout 4 weeks for it? 

Is it worth asking copart for a copy of it? You'd like to think they have done that before sending it out, then you would have everything you need to tax it

1 hour ago, MattR said:

Is it worth asking copart for a copy of it? You'd like to think they have done that before sending it out

“We’ve sent it in the post” is AH code for ‘Fuck off, you can’t prove different, we’ve washed our hands of you. Crack on!’ :lol:

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, BHM said:

“We’ve sent it in the post” is AH code for ‘Fuck off, you can’t prove different, we’ve washed our hands of you. Crack on!’ :lol:

We use the file b system here

B=bin

Now trot off:D

Thanks for reply’s, got the v5 today,  Said they sent it 28th sept dunno what’s gone on there, why took so long .