Sign in to follow this  
BIGNIT

Taxing with no V5

Occasionally get a car with no V5, all of a sudden  got 3 in at once.

I feel I should know exactly when you can/when you cant tax them. But I get a different answer everyone I speak to.

1) Can we tax at Post Office on V62 ? If so in what scenario

2) Heard you can ring DVLA and "emergency tax it" ? or sure I have read on here there is a guy who can do it ?

One car is a private sale that is showing as taxed but they lost V5

One is a freshly repaired cat N write off showing as taxed

One is a PX from motorpoint showing untaxed

Edited by BIGNIT

The only surefire way of knowing if a vehicle in in trade is to phone the DVLA & they’ll confirm whether or not they can be taxed with a V62 at a PO. 

However in the case of two of your cars, as they are currently taxed they obviously aren’t in trade therefore cannot be taxed on a V62 at a PO.

Edited by BHM

Helps to tax trade cars if you have the last keepers post code  to put on the V62 . 

If you haven't it can take a while , 

2 hours ago, BIGNIT said:

I feel I should know exactly when you can/when you cant tax them. But I get a different answer everyone I speak to.

2) Heard you can ring DVLA and "emergency tax it" ? or sure I have read on here there is a guy who can do it ?

showing as taxed but no log book means you need to fill in a v62 and attach a cheque for £25

wasting your time attaching a v890 sorn as they bin them,make sure if its going into your stock to sorn it when log book comes,be aware this can take 3 months sometimes 

the cat n one showing taxed means owner or insurance company havent advised dvla of its current status so again you would need to apply to dvla for a log book via v62

untaxed one apply at post offoce pay £25 fee ,pay for road tax and customer will get log book very quickly

as bhm says phone dvla to confirm status of all cars ie are they in trade? if they say yes you can go to post office

this status can change ie not in trade today but in trade tommorrow so only you can decisde whether to apply by post

i tried web chat today for the exact same reason and theyve turned it off

4 weeks ago they turned their phones off

great organsisation

not

On 9/30/2021 at 6:51 PM, It's me said:

great organsisation

not

Tell me about it, I've been waiting months to get a pp taken off a Discovery I bought for the workshop :(

I want to put that one on retention, (won't allow it on line), then transfer one of my own plates that came off my old workshop van,  but the existing 3 letter 3 number plate is worth £2500 - 3000 so I wanna keep it and sell it on .......................

So meanwhile I've had to tax it on it's naff pp that means absolutely nothing to me or my business, whilst I wait fuck knows how long for the retards to sort it out ..................................................

I've had to send an 80.00 cheque, the V5 in my name, and some other form to put the reg on retention, still not heard owt, no point trying to phone and the chat bot is absolutely useless :(

Fuckin shambles so it is :(

• Thanks 1

On 9/30/2021 at 4:08 PM, BIGNIT said:

I’d get the customer (who you’ve bought the private sale from) to pay the £25 and request a new V5 online, they should get it within 2/3 days.