Sign in to follow this  
It's me

Petrol shortage

No petrol or diesel in my local garages

Need to collect a car and waggon hopefully has sufficient go go to get there and back

I see the usual deplorables were in the queue s waiting to brim their ex builder mega mile t5 pieces of junk with the chrome mirrors and still wearing shorts

Mummies with glasses on their heads and very very busy who dropped off chloe at pre school and also needs to dump her crapski in the middle of the pumps as she desperately needs a plastic coffee latte from the garage drinks machine even though her own kettle is 200 yards away

I've had a customer cancel an appointment because they haven't the fuel to come and view

Might as well go home

This job could turn one to drink

• Haha 2

Those Polish lorry drivers must be really excited at the prospect of coming back to all the hate!:D

37 minutes ago, metcars said:

Those Polish lorry drivers must be really excited at the prospect of coming back to all the hate!:D

Whats next the fruit pickers, cleaners doctors nurses teachers, Brexit went well then.

• Like 2

My old dad is one of the idiots falling for the media hype around petrol shortages, he does maybe 10 miles a week in his year old Honda Jazz. Panicked over the weekend as he only had half a tank so queued up at local Sainsburys for an hour to put £7 in!!!!! I really need to get that Power of Attorney sorted quick

• Haha 1

Every cloud has a silver lining. At least the auction houses’ refusal to open up to us gives us the chance to save on fuel costs.......admittedly at the expense of getting rammed up the arse with their appraisals :lol:

Some twat rang me today saying her average fuel consumption on her bloody dash board has gone down 45 mpg . Must have a fuel leak 

Shes been sat in a bloody queue for 4 HOURS ticking over trying to get some of Asdas shite petrol in it .

Did she understand averages NO , 

Bloody fool 

On 9/27/2021 at 12:44 PM, raziasultan863 said:

*SPAM*

Gods sake , 

when are these boring sods of scammers going take a walk off a short pier 

10 hours ago, David Horgan said:

Did she understand averages NO

Try explaining to most they are getting ZERO MPG when they are sat in a queue & then look at their puzzled/blank expression.

19 hours ago, David Horgan said:

Some twat rang me today saying her average fuel consumption on her bloody dash board has gone down 45 mpg . Must have a fuel leak 

Shes been sat in a bloody queue for 4 HOURS ticking over trying to get some of Asdas shite petrol in it .

Did she understand averages NO , 

Bloody fool 

Gods sake , 

when are these boring sods of scammers going take a walk off a short pier 

Ive just sent a message to James Baggott asking for him to remove the spam when it happens, might be an idea if some others follow suit. just click on his image on the post at the top of the page and it opens up the option to message him.

5 hours ago, MattR said:

Ive just sent a message to James Baggott asking for him to remove the spam when it happens, might be an idea if some others follow suit. just click on his image on the post at the top of the page and it opens up the option to message him.

Good call. Clearly they are well aware of the issue as many dealers have descended into serious valve bounce over the spam, yet Car dealer mag chooses to ignore the frustration dealers are feeling. Begs the question do they give a flying **** ? For what it is worth I shall msg James as suggested. 

Makes you think there's a motive for a lack of fuel for the average user in order to convert to the wonderful world of 100 mile range and electric. Especially when you read story on front page

22 hours ago, HuwD said:

Makes you think there's a motive for a lack of fuel for the average user in order to convert to the wonderful world of 100 mile range and electric. Especially when you read story on front page

The only motivation issue is the lack of it from foreign HGV drivers to deliver our fuel?

3 hours ago, metcars said:

The only motivation issue is the lack of it from foreign HGV drivers to deliver our fuel?

A third hand tale but a wagon driver claims the fuel ‘shortage’ issue is f.a. to do with driver shortages. He then whipped out his phone, looked at a job website for BP & said to my pal “Look, fuck all vacancies for drivers”. As I say, a third hand tale so don’t shoot the messenger :D.

1 hour ago, BHM said:

A third hand tale but a wagon driver claims the fuel ‘shortage’ issue is f.a. to do with driver shortages. He then whipped out his phone, looked at a job website for BP & said to my pal “Look, fuck all vacancies for drivers”. As I say, a third hand tale so don’t shoot the messenger :D.

Funny you should say that, I sold a car to a HGV driver yesterday and he says there's no shortage of drivers.

21 hours ago, BIGNIT said:

Funny you should say that, I sold a car to a HGV driver yesterday and he says there's no shortage of drivers.

BP driver at my local station said same thing , No driver shortage at BP mate . Just pillocks queueing up and buying full tanks .

News papers , news , TV , Face book , Online gossip .

theyve run out of trash to talk about , brexit is not an issue now , Covids calmed down , Lets invent a Fuel crisis lads . :rolleyes:

look at that Volcano on Las Palmas , hardly nothing , natural disaster of that magnitude  would of been up there on the news at one time , but they cant link it with Global warming , weather patterns , Covid or Brexit , Not even Trumps fault , so lets forget it then . 

On 10/4/2021 at 2:32 PM, BIGNIT said:

So the reports of a massive industry wide shortage of HGV drivers is untrue?

On 10/6/2021 at 7:10 AM, metcars said:

No idea, just repeating what I was told buy a HGV driver.

1 hour ago, BIGNIT said:

No idea, just repeating what I was told buy a HGV driver.

Sure, I don’t personally know any HGV drivers. As far as shortages go, I just go by what i see. 

On 10/6/2021 at 7:10 AM, metcars said:

most stuff we read / see / look at /or sent to us online  on the news is untrue , exaggerated or complete bollocks so it well be true what a lorry drivers tells us :rolleyes:

Only true thing going on is a Volcano on Las Palmas and we don't hear about that , unless its Brexit or Boris's fault :lol:

cant believe much at all from the media can we . 

just read , blackouts , no turkey , no sprouts , no lights ,, no kids toys , no carrots , spuds are short , no crackers and  no petrol at Christmas ,  Cheers Happy new F######ing year :lol:

hope it snows us in till Spring :lol:

bet Santa is banned too . 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, David Horgan said:

most stuff we read / see / look at /or sent to us online  on the news is untrue , exaggerated or complete bollocks so it well be true what a lorry drivers tells us :rolleyes:

Only true thing going on is a Volcano on Las Palmas and we don't hear about that , unless its Brexit or Boris's fault :lol:

just read , blackouts , no turkey , no sprouts , no lights ,, no kids toys , no carrots , spuds are short , no crackers and  no petrol at Christmas ,  Cheers Happy new F######ing year :lol:

dont forget pigs in blankets:D

image.png.35c8743485b4daa4b4d32c309615c7ff.png

You definitely knows somethings off, when the main selling point is ''HALF A TANK OF FUEL'' in block caps

Edited by Scooby who

And don’t think we’ll even be able to buy pasta.

There is a really good article here -  https://www.cittimagazine.co.uk/comment/fuel-shortages-could-the-uk-switch-to-e10-petrol-be-the-underlying-cause.html   about the fuel shortage and it being to do with the role out of E10 rather than driver shortages - they state that the tanker driver numbers have not changed markedly between August and September. (It’s written by a couple of University professors so is a little heavy going compared to a broadsheet). It’s also definitely not spam… not that you will be able to buy that soon either :lol:

Edited by Bmx Bandits

4 hours ago, David Horgan said:

Snows until spring David clearly you are already prepared and stocked up with 4x4's . As for the so called fuel crisis we have been down the coast for last four weeks and not paying too much attention to the doom and gloom news, that said I noted there has been much made of driver shortages. Never been one to subscribe to conspiracy theories but what news we have seen the supermarkets and fuel suppliers have been banging on about driver shortages. Seems to me they could be trying to put pressure on government, after all as far as I understand this so called fuel crisis started with BP stating they had 20 sites without fuel. Did BP introduce an overtime ban? Who knows? In any event my blue rinse customers wont be changing anytime soon as they have filled their tanks to the brim which will last them to spring bless them. Frozen turkey sales though the roof bet shelves are bursting with turkey's come Christmas, thanks media and the gullible British pubic (Not a typo). By the by I have 1,000 tone of sprouts available should anyone concerned for their Christmas dinner, book early they are going fast! Lol.

12 hours ago, Scooby who said:

image.png.35c8743485b4daa4b4d32c309615c7ff.png

You definitely knows somethings off, when the main selling point is ''HALF A TANK OF FUEL'' in block caps

:lol::lol:

10 hours ago, Bmx Bandits said:

There is a really good article here -  https://www.cittimagazine.co.uk/comment/fuel-shortages-could-the-uk-switch-to-e10-petrol-be-the-underlying-cause.html   about the fuel shortage and it being to do with the role out of E10 rather than driver shortages - they state that the tanker driver numbers have not changed markedly between August and September. (It’s written by a couple of University professors so is a little heavy going compared to a broadsheet). It’s also definitely not spam… not that you will be able to buy that soon either :lol:

Sounds about right & funnily enough there’s only been a couple of ‘dry’ forecourts near me.
As for the “wreaking havoc” I think that’s a rather melodramatic description for numpties shitting themselves & joining the back of a queue simply because they’ve seen it (the queue). The other Sunday morning there was a modest queue to get into a local station - I drove 1/4 of a mile to the next station & I was the only punter there. 

14 hours ago, Bmx Bandits said:

Its not heavy going, it’s just stating the obvious? I’m surprised they needed a university professor to tell us that HGV drivers need better incentivising? But, hardly surprising from a magazine that services the logistics industry?