Sign in to follow this  
friar

Anyone having E 10 petrol trouble?

Use myself an older car,which Vw said would be fine.

Vw transporter auto.1995. Haven’t used it for a week,and it took 15 goes to start.

Ok then,and have put the super in,£7.00 a gallon.

Yeah, had a customer with a non start old n reg 220 Merc that went from running great to not starting after a tank of E10.

Was flooded to bugger and back, and even with the bores clear it isn't easy to get going, and would cut out under gearbox load.

Popped in some super fuel and it was as good as gold. Heard the same story on a 420sec Merc

I suspect the initial batches of this E10 stuff is piss weak and not agreeing with classic engines.

I've had a fair few cars in here of all ages running like a bag of shit, hard starting etc all down to E10 ....................

I think they'd have run better with 50% Diesel :lol:

We tested it for ethanol content, and it had fuck all, I think the twats are trying out some synthetic shit in the fuel, also MB Handbooks actually sy that their Cars are ok with 15% Ethanol, so Ethanol it is not ........................

Unless of course the plan is a conspiracy to get more older cars scrapped :ph34r:

Edited by Dave2302

wait for EML  warranty claims on Asda E10 petrol 

they are coming soon I tell ya , 

had my car 3 months and its got an EML light on the dash , Go see ASDA then they shit your car up . :(

5 hours ago, David Horgan said:

What’s so bad about the Asda e10 petrol David?

wait for EML  warranty claims on Asda E10 petrol 

they are coming soon I tell ya , 

had my car 3 months and its got an EML light on the dash , Go see ASDA then they shit your car up . :(

On 10/5/2021 at 5:36 PM, friar said:

Asda petrol is shite at best .

had a mini cooper s , daughter took it to Asda instead of Shell , EML light as she came out of the forecourt .

Auto i10 , filled up at Asda , EML light end of road .

I have a Motor bike , bit sorted so a bit hot , Asda petrol it wont even run to get to shell or BP 

Octane levels are bare minimum , 

Morrisons are same , driving instructor friend filled up with Morrisons , two days later EML light and he had a test cancelled 

we cancelled the lights filled up elsewhere , all ok , so not a coincidence we think 

guy over the road has no choice but to use Morrisons Diesel , L200 he does moon miles , 5 services a year and we change the fuel filter 5 times a year at 9,000 miles  , or it goes into limp mode . But he has no choice because of the fuel card 

Fuel filter is clogged to death .

Service customer , a chef , SLK 350 on Asda petrol , pooped its self twice , told him to fuel at Shell , Asda is cheaper , second time rings us , where are you as hed broke down ASDA he goes , cost him injectors and fuel pump as it was full of shit and water . Shell for two years now no problems . 

Cheap fuel is the cause of lots of dealers headaches , everyone here gets told , DONT use Supermkt petrol its not warranted and we can check . youve been warned i say 

• Thanks 1

Interesting because I’ve never had a single issue from using supermarket fuel & cant think of anyone who has.

By the sounds of it it sounds very much like the problem is with the storage of fuel by your local supermarkets, or by their supplier.

• Like 1

On 10/6/2021 at 5:54 PM, David Horgan said:

Asda petrol is shite at best .

had a mini cooper s , daughter took it to Asda instead of Shell , EML light as she came out of the forecourt .

Auto i10 , filled up at Asda , EML light end of road .

I have a Motor bike , bit sorted so a bit hot , Asda petrol it wont even run to get to shell or BP 

Octane levels are bare minimum , 

Morrisons are same , driving instructor friend filled up with Morrisons , two days later EML light and he had a test cancelled 

we cancelled the lights filled up elsewhere , all ok , so not a coincidence we think 

guy over the road has no choice but to use Morrisons Diesel , L200 he does moon miles , 5 services a year and we change the fuel filter 5 times a year at 9,000 miles  , or it goes into limp mode . But he has no choice because of the fuel card 

Fuel filter is clogged to death .

Service customer , a chef , SLK 350 on Asda petrol , pooped its self twice , told him to fuel at Shell , Asda is cheaper , second time rings us , where are you as hed broke down ASDA he goes , cost him injectors and fuel pump as it was full of shit and water . Shell for two years now no problems . 

Cheap fuel is the cause of lots of dealers headaches , everyone here gets told , DONT use Supermkt petrol its not warranted and we can check . youve been warned i say 

basically same here

we also try to put only shell in the truck it might be a little dearer but it drives better and gives more economy

4 hours ago, It's me said:

basically same here

we also try to put only shell in the truck it might be a little dearer but it drives better and gives more economy

Same, we have no shares in Shell but from bitter experience in times gone by with EML's triggered by crap fuel we strongly advise customers to avoid supermarket fuels and use Shell which is the dominant main brand in our area. Thankfully our customers take on board the advice no surprise very few incident's of fuel triggered EML incident's, those we have are supermarket fuelled. You get what you pay for as they say.

• Thanks 1

On 10/6/2021 at 7:34 PM, BHM said:

Interesting because I’ve never had a single issue from using supermarket fuel & cant think of anyone who has.

By the sounds of it it sounds very much like the problem is with the storage of fuel by your local supermarkets, or by their supplier.

Exactly this. Always been filling up at supermarket pumps and never had any issues. Diesel and Unleaded. 

Mind you, perhaps I should add my stock is far from being in the first flush of youth or indeed performance orientated. I think a couple are so old they don’t even have engine management lamps :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1