Sign in to follow this  
GreenJungli

BCA - Cars not advertised correctly/ faulty.

Has anyone had recent dealings with BCA? 

Since going 'online only' I've had some absolute shocking buys. 

Any advice on a legal challenge? I recently bought a vehicle that was not described as a non runner. They've later sent me an amended description stating it was mentioned as running with engine faults, I've asked for the recording of the sale and they've told me they don't record sales, having spoken to another branch I've been told they do have recordings. I wasn't aware of this and paid in full with delivery for the car, only to be called on the day they were loading the car to be told the car won't go on the transporter and I'd need to pay more for delivery for a non runner.. When I questioned this I was met with aggressiveness, you bidded etc I said yes but not on a non runner and if its anon runner why isn't it in the correct category? 

Basically they missold it with a false description and then have the cheek to charge me additionally for delivery. They've now put my account on hold and have kept my money as I refused to take delivery of the car. Repeatedly they said the engine starts, so I said OK il take it but I'm not paying additional amount for delivery, they said fine. A day later I get a call from the driver who told me he would be with me for the next morning and that 'I know the car doesn't start, don't I." I was mortified and then called the branch to be met with a' what's your problem' attitude. They didn't cancel the driver, despite me telling them I wouldn't take the car. The driver rang me the next morning to say I know you're not taking it but I just want to say I'm passing by your area. I apologised and said I wouldn't be taking it. 

How can this company still be trading? I'd really welcome watchdog to investigate this company. They are charging buyer fees, etc yet are misrepresenting their stock how can this be allowed? 

I think dealing with BCA is a minefield, the conflicts of interest with WBAC and CINCH are enormous and I can't see why or how dealer groups use them. Their service has been shocking for years. 

We should all stop using them and mount some pressure. 

Sent four back in two weeks .

last one was a disaster , turbo , clutch , EML lights , Thermostat leaks , missing key , went back thru BCA with no report this time "sold as seen " how you can says sold as seen when we are not allowed on site is theft . 

Some poor sods bought it , needs £3 k spend on a £8k car not including painting all four wheels and front bumper that was smashed on the lorry .

Still sold as seen makes it OK even though we cant look . 

• Like 1

I’m jumping through hoops to reject a Manheim car that came with its EML hidden & no one had picked up on it. Needless to say the car’s a disaster. 

Manheim have so far dragged it out a fortnight, their branch have sacked me off hiding behind Surecheck, it went to Surecheck who didn’t want to know (correctly in my opinion as it’s a clear case of misrepresentation). Worth noting is Surecheck ‘suggested’ I dig around for free(!) to find the EML or “just quickly plug in & get us a diagnoses” of which my request of an authorisation no. was refused.

I’ve taken it up with their final port of call, Head Office Complaints/Customer Relations, who have so far have tried to hide behind their T&Cs, then passed it back to Surecheck (I’ve told H.O. I’m rejecting due to misrepresentation, not a warranty issue), Surecheck have employed an outside contractor to visit to ascertain the issues, the inspector turned up a day late, spent 15 minutes then told me yes it’s got more issues than you can shake a stick at. Apparently his report (whatever the report says doesn’t interest me) will get fed back into the Manheim Sausage Machine & when it gets spat out at the other end I’ll hear back BUT IF I’M NOT HAPPY I CAN GO BACK TO THE BRANCH! I couldn’t make this up - if they think I’ll be going back to square one they’re mistaken.

A decade ago I used to buy plenty but nowadays I buy only a handful a year from them & that’s why I suspect the branch thought they’d sack me off in the first place. But the way the Manheim branches use (abuse?) the Surecheck scheme to get away from their responsibilities & how any/every Surecheck claim needs confirmation (AND then reconfirmation prior to payment) from the paymasters at Manheim is a disgrace.

Whilst I’m whinging I also think it’s absolutely disgraceful how Surecheck/Manheim scheme have the overall option to throw out the claim, refund the car but keep the Surecheck money thereby blatantly refusing to stand by their own product implemented by their own employees. It absolutely stinks & how on earth it’s won any awards is beyond me - any awards awarded must of been awarded by people who’ve never experienced this duplicitous scheme.

Edited by BHM

And don’t get me started on those soft focus images that make scratches disappear! And special low res pictures on images with bodywork! 

I'm fed up of the games, beating around the Bush. If I sold this vehicle I'd be liable, why can't we expect the same professionalism? 

I have just found out from someone that their account is on hold (suspended) with BCA as they questioned having bought a Grade 9 vehicle advertised in the incorrect category as substantially damaged. I didn't know grade 9 existed? How can they just do this, when challenged? 

8 hours ago, petrol head said:

I think dealing with BCA is a minefield, the conflicts of interest with WBAC and CINCH are enormous and I can't see why or how dealer groups use them. Their service has been shocking for years. 

We should all stop using them and mount some pressure. 

Ideal world, sadly the trade does not stick together to mount such pressure. Those of us who have the balls to walk away from BCA or Manheim will have their places filled by other dealers who see an opportunity with reduced buyer opposition. For many of the reasons stated in this thread and more, we reluctantly walked away from BCA and Manheim ten years ago. Same goes for Autotrader walked away based on cost and return. We are still here and doing just fine.  

Edited by TRADE SURVIVOR
added text

I know of a high mileage money pit that was traded into wbac and punted on via BCA this week.

Knowing the cars issues it would be a good acid test to see what how much weight the BCA inspections are and what they would pick up on it, umm yeah, no faults listed it was a grade 1 with 220k miles plus and a clean mechanical report, but of course "AS SEEN" was added to the listing. They didn't even have pictures of it at the auction house, just the wbac pictures, meaning I'm 95% sure they couldn't get it running for pictures.

And someone went well above cap clean on it lt...

While I've had some beginners luck with UKCGR cars, I won't be touching another after that.