GreenGiant

Spammers and scammers on this forum

It's getting overrun now and with seemingly no moderation or efforts to ban/remove offenders, I think the time has come to move to pastures new. Fun while it lasted though.

Cheers all, it's been emotional.

8 hours ago, Frank Cannon said:

Posters are rare as CAP clean cars at auction:P

I guess we will have to join the advanced area as the garbage out here is becoming untenable. New posts are rare but then I guess we are all concentrating on our respective business's, recovery was always going to be more challenging than the Pandemic however, we do like a challenge in the motor trade don't we folks. :rolleyes:   

The lack of moderation does seem to be the issue. Shame, because it was actually an interesting place, but now it’s become like the ‘wild west’. You’d think CDM would value a forum and encourage professionals? Weird?

Sorry for all this. And thanks to those that bought it to my attention. Any spam posts can be flagged and we'll instantly ban them.

We'll also look into how they got in the first place! 

I'm on it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, James Baggott said:

Sorry for all this. And thanks to those that bought it to my attention. Any spam posts can be flagged and we'll instantly ban them.

I'm on it.

I thought it was the Wild West, but a new sheriff just rode into town! :D

5 hours ago, James Baggott said:

I'm on it.

Most of the spammers are automated bots using software like Senuke or GSA Ser. Not easy to block unless you have two step authentication.

I think if you go into your control panel for the forum and block users posting links, 99% of the Bots wont touch you again. They are only posting links to websites/products in the hope that Google will increase the pagerank of their product/webpage. Out dated thinking but lots of shabby websites still think its a good idea. 

On 9/29/2021 at 1:46 PM, metcars said:

I thought it was the Wild West, but a new sheriff just rode into town! :D

Get off your hoss:lol:

to metcars this fred seems locked and your private massaging is turned off so here is my message to you

hi i dont know what ive said wrong as i was quoting john waynes catchphrase so i agoploise if i upset you or did i miss a yoke

Edited by It's me

2 hours ago, It's me said:

Get off your hoss:lol:

........ are you callin’ me a liar!