Tom

June 2016 Sales

Guys, hope you don't mind me jumping in on this topic. I'm not a dealer, but a supplier to the industry. I visit many dealers across the south and the feedback I'm getting is trade has gone quite. Besides number of units sold does anyone track/measure traffic to their websites using Google Analytics or WebMaster? Is there a correlation between the amount of organic (keyword/phrases) search traffic and sales? Do referrals/paid (AutoTrader, eBay) search generate the more traffic?

Here's to a busy June! 

Yes just had a very busy period and my webstats were the highest I have ever seen them. 

36 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:

Yes just had a very busy period and my webstats were the highest I have ever seen them. 

That's great, thanks for sharing. Does organic search traffic from Google rank higher than Referral/Paid search traffic?

One today only got 9 cars left, bought more yesterday but will take time to get them all prep'd ready to retail. 

Couple of cars so far.

Do any of you guys get real waves with the Zuto / CF24/7 stuff?

Done 6+ in last couple of weeks prior to that nothing for ages. Funny old game.

I think it's because they go through periods of recommending certain dealers, we have had it happen as you describe on a couple of occasions pal.

Only explanation I can think of.

Much quieter this week but been busy buying plenty of stock in. Fingers crossed weekends a good one. 

I'm expecting the weekend to be quite what with the Euro 2016 starting tonight.

its so quiet down here i rang the phone lines to see if they where working, cant fit any more stock in and not a customer in sight, the joys

I think it's 4 sales so far this month, only 9 calls from yesterday until this morning. Very few emails and the ones we do get are part exchange enquiries for 1.2 corsa's against a Nissan GT-R 

Ticking along nice to be fair, done just over 1 day and got some nice stuff coming in as well as a few in the pipeline on my current stock.

No slowdown noted here, at least yet, anyway.

took in a couple of sky high mileage part chops but I reckon both will end up selling quickly.

2007 Pug 807 7 Seater 2.0 HDI climate heated seats dvd player 164k mot December

2004 Merc CLK 2.7 Diesel leather two tone leather sat nav and probably loads more, 216k Mot May 2017

owe me £2k combined so will see how we get on with them this weekend :) the Merc is pretty mint to be fair.

Edited by SC Derby
  • Like 1

Still quiet here....5 so far in June.

We sold a Z4 at the weekend and a ML i collected monday sold yesterday, i've got to take that to the shipping company tomorrow.  Currently 4 sold and gone, 3 with Deposits waiting to go. Phone is quite, email is quite ....