Sign in to follow this  
metcars

If you don’t source stock at auction?

Out of curiosity, I’m just wondering how those guys that ‘don’t’ use auctions are getting on sourcing stock? How are the current supply issues affecting you, if at all?

We were a serious auction buyer but now only about 20% of our stock is from auction due to prices. We are getting a lot more stuff privately and from other contacts which although more time consuming means there is usually decent profit in the metal.

1 hour ago, MarkTVS said:

We were a serious auction buyer but now only about 20% of our stock is from auction due to prices. We are getting a lot more stuff privately and from other contacts which although more time consuming means there is usually decent profit in the metal.

So you’re paying sensible prices for stock? I’m guessing even private sellers have noticed prices are volatile?

Run a pitch with 20-25 units in the £4-£10k bracket. Don't buy from auction.  Currently have 7 cars and haven't bought anything for a month. Been doing this for nearly 20 years now and have never known a period like it.  

1 hour ago, CRW said:

Run a pitch with 20-25 units in the £4-£10k bracket. Don't buy from auction.  Currently have 7 cars and haven't bought anything for a month. Been doing this for nearly 20 years now and have never known a period like it.  

Just out of interest what’s the difficulty. Poor quality, availability or over optimistic vendors? 

18 hours ago, metcars said:

So you’re paying sensible prices for stock? I’m guessing even private sellers have noticed prices are volatile?

With the private stuff you need to be really fast these days but we are lucky enough to have a few people that offer us stuff etc and come direct.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, metcars said:

Just out of interest what’s the difficulty. Poor quality, availability or over optimistic vendors?

All of the above.  What is available is usually sub prime and prices are too high. I just don't see the margins as worthwhile when you work back from retail.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, danbrown said:

I learned how to vend cars the hard way I am now a customer support in one of the largest kia maisons in china , the deal is you have to do it smartly with your customer you have to attract him to the smallest fine details in your product 

Wow, I hadn’t thought of that. When you say “do it smartly with your customer” do you mean Roger them whilst wearing a suit?  Thanks for the shit advice you prick.

• Like 1

On 9/13/2021 at 4:52 PM, danbrown said:

I learned how to vend cars the hard way I am now a customer support in one of the largest kia maisons in china , the deal is you have to do it smartly with your customer you have to attract him to the smallest fine details in your product  snaptube  vidmate

Sound advice

On 9/14/2021 at 7:28 AM, CRW said:

Wow, I hadn’t thought of that. When you say “do it smartly with your customer” do you mean Roger them whilst wearing a suit?  Thanks for the shit advice you prick.

:lol::lol: