Sign in to follow this  
TM1989

Bca not stocking enough stock? Prices rising?

Hi what’s your opinion? I’m thinking bca are not stocking nowhere near enough stock as previous years. I’m sure they used to have nearly 7000 cars a day for sale and the prices are rocketing SKU high as well. What experience are you guys having? 

They’re not stocking enough because there’s not enough stock out there. 

backlog of new car builds=less p/x’s and lease companies holding onto cars for longer.

higher priced used cars means joe public deciding to keep hold of what they have and not trading it in or selling to WBAC etc

no p/x’s or ex lease cars means nothing trickling into the auctions.

supply and demand at auction with a short supply of stock means prices rise. It’s a vicious circle

I watched a grade 5, 114k mile, 2014 mondeo with a poor assured report (eml on in limp mode with blocked dpf and turbo related fault codes) fetch £100 over cap clean today. Things are getting silly.

Edited by Lakeside
  • Like 1

I was thinking the same as well as you. Is it ever going to go back to normal or what? Lol. I miss them days badly lol. Thanks for confirming what I was thinking. 

24 minutes ago, TM1989 said:

Is it ever going to go back to normal or what

Logic says it should, but I'm not sure this time, certainly no time soon.  Usually stock 20-25 in the £4-£8k bracket. Down to my last 7, haven't bought anything for a month.

2 hours ago, TM1989 said:

Hi what’s your opinion? I’m thinking bca are not stocking nowhere near enough stock as previous years. I’m sure they used to have nearly 7000 cars a day for sale and the prices are rocketing SKU high as well. What experience are you guys having? 

BCA I think will be diverting the premium stock from webuyany car to Cinch. MFL and lease companies extended many contracts during lockdown, those cars will not appear until next year and only if there is adequate new car supply. So many cars in the public domain have done very little miles in the last eighteen months therefore a large proportion of punters will keep hold of their current car for some time yet. There are also a number companies who due to homeworking are rationalising their company car policy in other words not renewing fleet. Prices of stock will be high for some time to come. 

11 hours ago, Lakeside said:

I watched a grade 5, 114k mile, 2014 mondeo with a poor assured report (eml on in limp mode with blocked dpf and turbo related fault codes) fetch £100 over cap clean today. Things are getting silly.

Everything’s changed. Not that I buy them but I see Corsa’s regularly making £500 over top book (it doesn’t seem that long ago when they had to give them away) & yesterday I saw an 8 year old Zafira make £1000 into book. Fighting like fuck for an old Vauxhall, I never thought I’d see the day! For the buyers sake I hope there’s nowt wrong with it.

4 hours ago, BHM said:

Everything’s changed. Not that I buy them but I see Corsa’s regularly making £500 over top book (it doesn’t seem that long ago when they had to give them away) & yesterday I saw an 8 year old Zafira make £1000 into book. Fighting like fuck for an old Vauxhall, I never thought I’d see the day! For the buyers sake I hope there’s nowt wrong with it.

The crazy thing is the resale prices don’t seam to be rising as quick as auction prices are? Looking on AT and eBay even dealers, not just privates, are selling cars cheaper or equal to what they’re fetching under the hammer. 

13 hours ago, TRADE SURVIVOR said:

BCA I think will be diverting the premium stock from webuyany car to Cinch.

Exactly whats happening , all the prime stuff is going to Cinch as and when needed , 

We as independents are effectively now buying from a retailer called BCA/Cinch who are one .

Quite a few vendors have given BCA notice to quit their contracts , stating they wont deal with competitors who are retailers .  

Notts BCA is now a CINCH site , never again will it be an Auction again , It usually has 4,000 cars on site but last week only housed 900 so low supply and BCA diverting stock to the CINCH cause has depleted stocks very aggressively.

Edited by David Horgan
  • Like 1

We don't buy from BCA walked away around ten years ago when they introduced online handlers trying to deal us on undisclosed damages, increased fees and webuyanycar. So far we have survived and indeed prospered. Venture capital vampires only wish to dominate the market and suck the life out of independents and indeed the motor trade in general. Apparently BCA have bought an airfield to fill with cars for Cinch, control the market is there mission me thinks. Stop buying from them would be a start however, the motor trades biggest failing is that we don't stick together and when stock is so short how many would have the balls to walk away from BCA? 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, TRADE SURVIVOR said:

We don't buy from BCA walked away around ten years ago when they introduced online handlers trying to deal us on undisclosed damages, increased fees and webuyanycar. So far we have survived and indeed prospered. Venture capital vampires only wish to dominate the market and suck the life out of independents and indeed the motor trade in general. Apparently BCA have bought an airfield to fill with cars for Cinch, control the market is there mission me thinks. Stop buying from them would be a start however, the motor trades biggest failing is that we don't stick together and when stock is so short how many would have the balls to walk away from BCA? 

Bang on Mate

On 9/1/2021 at 9:54 PM, CRW said:

Logic says it should, but I'm not sure this time, certainly no time soon.  Usually stock 20-25 in the £4-£8k bracket. Down to my last 7, haven't bought anything for a month.

wow i thought i was the only one! i thought i was going crazy!!! couldn't get new stock for over a month which seriously dented my pocket as i wasn't buying to sell. i guess it's better than not being able to sell. I usually stock 4-6 and im down to 1. 

On 9/3/2021 at 1:42 AM, TRADE SURVIVOR said:

I like your mindset. if you have any ideas shoot me a message