Sign in to follow this  
Jas

Valuation and market analysis tools?

Hey all, I hope you are well.

I was just wondering if there were any recommendations for valuation and possible analytics tools, or am I best sticking to cap prices and doing the legwork and researching each and every car myself?

I really liked the autotrader dealer portal when it was demonstrated to me, however the £873+VAT per month for 10 slots means it's something I'll have to consider later down the line.

Thanks!

5 hours ago, Blenheim Car Sales said:

It is not Legwork.............................  its the basics of the job, Failure to do this is  Failure to make any money

Plus 1 , agree with Blenheim 

basics of the job , specially now .

CAP is wrong , Glasses are Wrong , Autotrader is wrong 50/50 % 

Feeling in the fingers right now  and profit back is the only way , research the stock prices add 10% to 25%  and get your wallet out .

Knowing the job has never been as crucial as it is right now . 

hesitate and burn , dip you leg in and burn , either way its crucial you look at the prices . 

Good luck 

Thank you for the advice guys.

At least we are doing the right thing by going by our guts, but the prices on almost everything that we have taken a good while to research the market, vehicle and track as potential stock seems to sail into "Yeah, good luck with that" pricing due to the warped market, but I'm fully aware that I'm preaching to the choir on that front and that we might just need to put on big boy pants and go a little bit stronger to secure the cars we want, as opposed to waiting for a good deal as we've had a degree of beginners luck on that front.

I'm a statistics junky so having "verified" valuations and market data as per the autotrader package appealed at lot, but I'll stick to compiling my own data for the meantime

Thanks again :-)

Please forgive me if marketing here is frowned upon!

Our DMS platform DealerDesk includes a vehicle analysis tool allowing you to retrieve AutoTrader valuations and metrics in bulk - you can even import popular auction catalogues to quickly analyse and filter the stock which is relevant to you.

This is a simplified screenshot showing some of the data:

dealerdesk-dms-car-stock-analyser.png