26 minutes ago, Steve92 said:

Try dealing with the Turkish, we sold an ml to one brother and bought the other brothers a5, two sets of bartering and I felt like I had purchased a rug at the end of it. Actually they were both really nice although I always wish I could speak there language so I know what they are saying :) 

i like the polish,they say,'you take this price' theres no negotiation its either take their money or no sale,i often take their money because its obvious they've done their homework and know they are only people interested in the car,sad really i used to do this when i started out a million years ago in barny hubbles car:D

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 11:02 AM, Gavin@Rousdon said:

A lot of customers aren't honest.

After almost 28 years running my own business from scratch I can honestly say that over the last say 4-6 years and especially the last 2 years "most" customers are definitely NOT honest!

They will lie,lie and lie again before,during and after a sale and as we all know the new "Consumer is ALWAYS right" laws only encourage them to lie even more. Its a real shame but this once loved occupation is turning into a never ending battle in my opinion.

had a customer kept asking on the phone can i have a test drive i told him yes 3 times then he started saying hes had a bmw audi but never a merc so wants to drive it i said fine. Then he says your not sure i said iv told you before you can have a test drive ( in a pissed of voice) he hangs up i was like good get this time waster/dream/looser/bottom of the barrel away from my phone and four-court people are so rude these days typical idiots !!!

easiest way of getting out of a test drive if they turn up is insist you need to see their driving licence,very few p0eople carry this so it often sorts the dreamers out who would need to speak to the wife anyway:)

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, s and b said:

easiest way of getting out of a test drive if they turn up is insist you need to see their driving licence,very few p0eople carry this so it often sorts the dreamers out who would need to speak to the wife anyway:)

I've used this loads of times too.. not as a general rule, more when i get the feeling that they aren't as 'committed' as they should be..

On 6/17/2016 at 2:03 PM, s and b said:

My favorite method. "For our insurance we do need to see your driving licence, we need your land line and mobile numbers, an email address and I will need to come with you." Not a problem for serious buyers as they were going to be giving me all that anyway, time wasters will "leave it for another day as it is raining at the moment and you should never buy a car in the rain!!! ". 

I had three test drives today two of the customers went back to planet mars and the third bought a car so cant complain

• Like 2