Sign in to follow this  
It's me

3rd day dvla not answering phone

Webchat can't help

Day 3 and there is no one to answer the phone at the dvla

To say I'm annoyed may be an understatement 

You can be as annoyed as you like, I’m afraid the DVLA won’t give a toss.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, It's me said:

Webchat can't help

Day 3 and there is no one to answer the phone at the dvla

To say I'm annoyed may be an understatement 

Got the same issue Mate, anything to do with the Government is hard work.

• Like 1

Now day 4

One of the major needs of this country is transport

What a complete shambles 

• Like 1

Are you sure you have the right number? 

(sorry had to be asked) 

6 hours ago, Martin F said:

Are you sure you have the right number? 

(sorry had to be asked) 

0300 790 6802

if you ring it 5 times in a row it goes to driving licence enquiries,work that one out,i couldnt

on live chat owen gave me 0300 790 6807 im not sure if he was going for a leak or what as it goes nowhere that number

I’ve had to call them recently, there’s definitely another number that works and there’s only 3 extensions when you call. From memory it asks if you’re calling about disability vehicle, trailer enquiry etc rather than the usual spiel. Best of luck :mellow:

There is no one working there or hardly anyone, I know of at least 3 working from home doing a 3rd of they used to be seems to be the new 

level there expected to reach of calls, we used to have a walk in desk where it was quicker for me to drive 5 mins up the road and que behind 2 Mr Jones who couldnt fill in there v62's than ring them but even that has now closed. 

• Like 1

I remember them days, drive to the local office take your number, wait your turn and someone would sort you out, sorted.

Anything government related these days is a total shambles absolutely shocking but what choice do you have and they know that. 

• Like 1

We've been having the same issue - managed to get through on one phone call and mysteriously it hung up as he was greeting us. Absolute pain to speak to DVLA at times

On 8/18/2021 at 11:47 AM, Lazz said:

I remember them days, drive to the local office take your number, wait your turn and someone would sort you out, sorted.

Anything government related these days is a total shambles absolutely shocking but what choice do you have and they know that. 

I remember those days. Local office was a day out. Drive there, long queue, boring wait. But talking to a real person ‘eye to eye’ always got a result. when they shut the local offices it was always going to be a nightmare?

1 hour ago, metcars said:

I remember those days. Local office was a day out. Drive there, long queue, boring wait. But talking to a real person ‘eye to eye’ always got a result. when they shut the local offices it was always going to be a nightmare?

You ever went away without the problem being sorted,they even had their own here flick to come and check a chassis number on a car I had once,plus they sent out the trade plate checkers and the number plate records checkers,now all gone

Whole thing is one big bad joke

Has anyone been able to get through yet? Or find an alternative number or email? Still stuck in the same boat

Yes. On hold for just over half an hour but as I was multi-tasking watching an auction it didn’t matter.

I've just noticed they're taking money from me for tax on a car that was sold in July, I'd taxed it to use as a runner, when sold completed online as normal and it'd normally cancel the DD once you've done that, guess I'll be joining the que then too

• Like 1

ive never bothered for 2 weeks now as the place just isnt functioning

they've cashed my cheques for out of trade cars but owe me for a car i taxed and then i got an offer i couldnt refuse on it but i never got my tax back

i paid in full for the year as i intended keeping it and i saved about $5,55 cents

note to oneself use dd in future

doh