Sign in to follow this  
MJG50

Does anyone use vcheck.uk to check if ex-salvage auction?

I've always HPi'd everything I buy but I've recently come across vcheck.uk that also checks if the car has ever been offered at a salvage auction with unrecorded damage. I just wondered if anyone on here uses this service as it is quite scary that some high value cars are being resold as HPi clear after a massive crash.

Most of the cars I buy are 1 owner so there's no way they could have ever been sold at a salvage auction - it is possible they could have received unrecorded damage repairs but it would be impossible to find out as they'd never have been sold at a salvage auction, they'd just have been repaired by the sole owner from new. It's got me thinking though that it maybe worth checking out more than 1 owner high value cars on vcheck in future. 

2 hours ago, MJG50 said:

I've always HPi'd everything I buy but I've recently come across vcheck.uk that also checks if the car has ever been offered at a salvage auction with unrecorded damage. I just wondered if anyone on here uses this service as it is quite scary that some high value cars are being resold as HPi clear after a massive crash.

Most of the cars I buy are 1 owner so there's no way they could have ever been sold at a salvage auction - it is possible they could have received unrecorded damage repairs but it would be impossible to find out as they'd never have been sold at a salvage auction, they'd just have been repaired by the sole owner from new. It's got me thinking though that it maybe worth checking out more than 1 owner high value cars on vcheck in future. 

lots of very badly damaged stuff doesnt go to auction because its self insured by the lease company,they get put in the corner and you bid the lease company to buy

this is why so many cars high end and fiestas are being stolen ,to feed the crashed stuff

Fiestas are being stolen as my 2 year old could steal one with a bit of training, security is shocking and eco boost engines are worth upwards of a grand 

22 hours ago, MarkTVS said:

Fiestas are being stolen as my 2 year old could steal one with a bit of training, security is shocking and eco boost engines are worth upwards of a grand 

i think you would seriously need to have issues selling these time bomb cars:D