Sign in to follow this  
Lambchop

Car repairs

Interested in how much traders are paying for paintwork in the north west. How much for buffing, bumper blow ins? Ect . 

Depends on the repair, if it’s damaged e.g. bogging it depends on the job. I’m in Manchester and there’s plenty of options, but plenty of waits too!

I think mid range trade pricing is £150 /panel for scratches etc. Can pay up to £250 for established top notch. You can probably find cheaper but I’d question the materials and finish.

all depends on the car too, I bet if you take a banger in they’ll assume you’re not a perfectionist :D 

Then there’s always (not-so) smart repairs, try and get somebody experienced who can use the fade out thinners, or it’ll only be good for your wallet & not the car!  

5 hours ago, SK1John said:

I think mid range trade pricing is £150 /panel for scratches etc. Can pay up to £250 for established top notch. You can probably find cheaper but I’d question the materials and finish.

How much!?!! Are you taking your cars to the main dealer for paint?
They must be good, nearly new cars to warrant such largesse :lol:

Just now, BHM said:

How much!?!! Are you taking your cars to the main dealer for paint?
They must be good, nearly new cars to warrant such largesse :lol:

We mostly go for ex lease stuff so has to be bang on, we do ours in house but those are just figures from when I’ve asked around… how much are you paying? 

Just now, SK1John said:

We mostly go for ex lease stuff so has to be bang on, we do ours in house but those are just figures from when I’ve asked around… how much are you paying? 

Half what you quoted, even less if I need a few panels done. However my stock certainly ain’t ex-lease - 6yrs is a ‘new’ car here - so standards may (ahem!) not be so high :lol:

12 hours ago, Lambchop said:

I take it it’s a smart repair guy and he does a few jobs in the same day for you BHM ?

No, I’ve never used a smart repair man in my life, just a one man band but he does all sorts - plenty of decent stuff passes through his booth. My original painter retired last year, he was as cheap as chips but even Stevie Wonder could tell where he’d been.

• Haha 1