Kingsbridge Autos

Cap Subscription??

Been quoted £600 for 150 searches or £800 for 500 searches + 275 per annum for black book +  and a further £275 for cap book live!!!

Anyone use anyone else other than cap that are cheaper?

Or do you just check prices via comps on autotrader?

They are expensive but possibly the best out there. The searches do give a fair bit of information, change of owner date etc etc. You can also seach without using the VRN look up but its long winded and your never 100% sure you have the right model. 

You could try Glass Guide but I don't think to many people use them now, CAP seems to be the default 

I personally have a hpi subscription and I can use cap or glasses valuations within that.

Mainly use it for valuing PX's with the bonus of knowing if they have finance /write off attached.

There is a subscription buts its pay as you use mainly and a very useful tool.

Have a chat to them.

21 hours ago, Kingsbridge Autos said:

i Have an HPI account but you cannot do the cap without an HPI check!

I agree but by my reckoning you still pay less per check than directly with CAP and you get an HPi thrown in for nothing. Unless my sums are letting me down or i'm missing something?

On 5/21/2016 at 11:33 PM, Kingsbridge Autos said:

i Have an HPI account but you cannot do the cap without an HPI check!

You can do a CAP valuation with an HPI vehicle ID check rather than having to do the full finance/write off etc check.  Just select 'HPI Vehicle ID' from the drop-down where it normally says 'HPI Check' then tick the boxes below for the data you need.  A vehicle ID is a few pence so much cheaper than the full check if you're re-valuing a stock vehicle or similar.

• Like 1

Sign in to Autofind.

Click on add vehicle then put in reg no and mileage .

Trade values are then available. If you don't want to actually advertise your car, don't click on Submit Vehicle.

On 23/05/2016 at 7:25 AM, Jamie Edmonds said:

You can do a CAP valuation with an HPI vehicle ID check rather than having to do the full finance/write off etc check.  Just select 'HPI Vehicle ID' from the drop-down where it normally says 'HPI Check' then tick the boxes below for the data you need.  A vehicle ID is a few pence so much cheaper than the full check if you're re-valuing a stock vehicle or similar.

Tried this but grey out CAP tick boxes, only Glasses is showing..

What is a vehicle ID check as oppose to an HPI whilst you mention it ?

10 hours ago, Kingsbridge Autos said:

Tried this but grey out CAP tick boxes, only Glasses is showing..

What is a vehicle ID check as oppose to an HPI whilst you mention it ?

Vehicle ID check is literally a plate lookup without checking for finance, total loss etc but useful if you want to just do a valuation or spec check.  

I'm not sure why it's greyed out but Glass's isn't, it might be worth a call to the customer services team to ask if they can 'un-grey' it for you.