Asif32_@outlook.com

Do buyers actually buy £1,000 - £3,000 more to buy from a dealer rather than a private seller?

On 7/28/2021 at 12:22 AM, Asif32_@outlook.com said:

I sold a Porsche Cayenne turbo dealers had it on for £9,500 similar mileage so i put it on for £9,300 waited 3 months lowered price every month in the end all i got was £7,250.

This happen to all 5 cars I sold never got dealer price.

Are those high dealer priced cars really selling for that much? Or do they give up after 6 months and drop it off to auction?

Luckily i am buying cars at £1,500 below private sale price so still turning a healthy profit per car.

It doesnt seem to be sinking in does it. to be a dealer you need to offer back up. You either provide a warranty or 'self warrant' to re assure the customer. Who in their right mind is going to buy a cayenne from a plastic trader for near retail money?

So yes, we do sell for the price we advertise. We build a reputation for good aftersales cover. we get reviews. We pay tax, VAT, recon and valet the car. Many of us have a premise, and a website showing we have multiple cars for sale. It all provides confidence to the customer. Get all that, and you will get the extra money.

Till then, you will get what you're getting. Thats it, in a nutshell. How to be a trader that gets all the money. We dont hate you, you just havent heard or liked the answer we have given.

• Like 1

Asif such a thing would happen :lol:

• Haha 1

On 7/28/2021 at 11:33 AM, Paul C said:

Any pics of your premises or website?

I don't think this was too unreasonable a request - I hope you don't leave customers waiting this long for a reply. In the meantime, all I can deduce from the non-reply is that you're trading from home or a minimal cost setup which screams "private seller" or <1 year startup.

There really is no excuse for not having a decent website in 2021. You can make a very posh website for very little, and attract buyers from far and wide if the stock is decent........the cars you're selling are decent condition (or started out average but have been brought up to good condition?)