Asif32_@outlook.com

Do buyers actually buy £1,000 - £3,000 more to buy from a dealer rather than a private seller?

No, it’s all a myth this dealership malarkey and all we ever do is polish cars and swap them around between ourselves 

• Haha 2

Yes, people will.

But thats because its far from "The Exact Same." The extra processes that dealers put the cars through is the added value, as are the services that you can offer, that a private buyer does not and cannot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Asif32_@outlook.com said:

Why are all the answers on this forum always cocky

Maybe because this forum is for car dealers and not for any tom and his dog. As if you didn't know:blink:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FHP11 said:

Yes, people will.

But thats because its far from "The Exact Same." The extra processes that dealers put the cars through is the added value, as are the services that you can offer, that a private buyer does not 

So I have now sold a few cars making £1,000 to £1,500 profit per sale I sold them all at private seller prices.

I was not able to achieve dealer prices even though i wait 3 months for a sale.

Which services do I need to add before becoming an official trader and securing a whole extra grand per sale?

I can add warranty from warranty wise and do 30 day returns only for major issues.

I cant offer finance just yet but its not been an issue as plenty people have brought cars from me for £10K cash.

By just adding these services I should be able to get an extra £1,000 to £2,000 profit per sale? Really? 

11 hours ago, Asif32_@outlook.com said:

Why are all the answers on this forum always cocky

Because you should have known the answer to your own question really .

Private ; un loved filthy cars , scratches on paint , stained seats , missing bits , bald tyre , wheel scuffs , missing key , short MOT , needs Service , and fumigating . 

How do i know this , because we get PX cars from privates and i haven't seen a good one in ten years . 

Dealer ; Polished , prepped inside , seats carpets cleaned , Mats replaced , Serviced , Wheel scrapes repaired , warranted , New MOT , two keys , No obnoxious smells . 

This Asif is called a JOB and done correctly it provides a great service supplying cars that people can buy and enjoy owning .

So moral of this is .

Private is a risk and unless your good at mechanics , deep cleaning cars , and traveling the country looking at scrap sold by liars , USE a garage instead .

Now that's not cocky is it , just true :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posh showroom, warranty as good as a new car warranty, finance, low(er) mileage condition 1 cars (which you'll unlikely find from auction houses - more like the cream of the trade-ins from new PCP etc).

12 hours ago, Asif32_@outlook.com said:

So I have now sold a few cars making £1,000 to £1,500 profit per sale I sold them all at private seller prices.

Which services do I need to add before becoming an official trader and securing a whole extra grand per sale?

I can add warranty from warranty wise and do 30 day returns only for major issues.

I cant offer finance just yet but its not been an issue as plenty people have brought cars from me for £10K cash.

By just adding these services I should be able to get an extra £1,000 to £2,000 profit per sale? Really? 

If you're making that sort of margin after tax and VAT you are doing well and don't need to change anything. Because thats what a proper, reputable dealer does......

If you are making those margins after paying VAT and tax like a proper, reputable dealer does, you are doing well and have nothing to worry about. 

• Like 1

And the next silly question please

We await with baited breath pointy shoes and a bacon buttie with extra tomato:D

53 minutes ago, It's me said:

And the next silly question please

We await with baited breath pointy shoes and a bacon buttie with extra tomato:D

Anyone who has spent enough time in auction houses will know the extra tomato ordered at the counter is a blag and often ends up in the bin outside the cafe. 

sorry slighly off topic the extra tomato threw me, to answer the op you will never match a main dealer price and there margin isnt as big as some would think it is. 

It has nothing to do with adding services, people whom like to buy from main dealers used section are buying a lifestyle choice no more no less. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MattR said:

If you are making those margins after paying VAT and tax like a proper, reputable dealer does, you are doing well and have nothing to worry about. 

Those margins are before tax. But really I need that extra 1K or 2K dealer prices. I have sold 5 cars privately never got dealer price.

17 minutes ago, Asif32_@outlook.com said:

Those margins are before tax. But really I need that extra 1K or 2K dealer prices. I have sold 5 cars privately never got dealer price.

Paying Tax and VAT yet? 

You arent a dealer. So you cant expect to get the price a dealer can.

2 hours ago, Asif32_@outlook.com said:

But really I need that extra 1K or 2K dealer prices

Buy a dealership then.

19 minutes ago, Asif32_@outlook.com said:

I can turn it into a dealership but if I still am getting private sale prices then what?

Buy better , sell well . 

learning that lesson  takes a while both ways if i'm honest , 

I'm 40 years in and a dab hand at both in fact I'm pin sharp , but lessons along way took some remembering , it wont come to you next week or even next year my friend , but when it does your wallet will smile , till then you will run on empty for a while . Just like we all did . 

Put the work in , have fun learning , it will come as you learn . 

• Like 1

I sold a Porsche Cayenne turbo dealers had it on for £9,500 similar mileage so i put it on for £9,300 waited 3 months lowered price every month in the end all i got was £7,250.

This happen to all 5 cars I sold never got dealer price.

Are those high dealer priced cars really selling for that much? Or do they give up after 6 months and drop it off to auction?

Luckily i am buying cars at £1,500 below private sale price so still turning a healthy profit per car.

7 hours ago, Asif32_@outlook.com said:

Are those high dealer priced cars really selling for that much? Or do they give up after 6 months and drop it off to auction?

No, of course they don't sell for that much..  Dealers buy cars, prep them sale, keep them for 6 months, pay for a load of advertising and then dump them into the auction at a loss....:rolleyes:

7 hours ago, Asif32_@outlook.com said:

Luckily i am buying cars at £1,500 below private sale price so still turning a healthy profit per car.

Impressive!  

1 hour ago, Blenheim Car Sales said:

how about a  VAT return as well while we are at it .........................  or are you trading illegally ??

Hang on a second........i was expecting that question any second from another veteran 

16 hours ago, Asif32_@outlook.com said:

You have nothing to concern you then really have you , Buy at prices lower than us , Sell for good money . Just keep buying private sales for £1,500 under and retail then for a good mark up .

Stay away from Porsches and the like as it looks like you haemorrhage money on those types and you will be fine . Losing 2k on a Cayenne is suicide in this game  

4 hours ago, Blenheim Car Sales said:

how about a  VAT return as well while we are at it .........................  or are you trading illegally ??

Trading illegally surely not! Asif is clearly a good citizen paying the vat on his margins and declaring his income to HMRC and paying the tax due on said income. Doing the right thing to contribute to repaying the tax payer coffers that have helped our society thus far through the pandemic, and I am sure as a responsible trader he is selling his car on fully serviced with full mot and at least six months warranty. ;) 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, TRADE SURVIVOR said:

Trading illegally surely not! Asif is clearly a good citizen paying the vat on his margins and declaring his income to HMRC and paying the tax due on said income. Doing the right thing to contribute to repaying the tax payer coffers that have helped our society thus far through the pandemic, and I am sure as a responsible trader he is selling his car on fully serviced with full mot and at least six months warranty. ;) 

The problem with haters is their ceiling is my floor.

8 hours ago, Asif32_@outlook.com said:

The problem with haters is their ceiling is my floor.

I think ironically its your ceiling that is actually our floor, based on the fact you sell cars at private prices and we sell at retail. 

• Like 1