Sign in to follow this  
Lazz

Alloy Wheel Refurbishments

We presently subcontracting this work out and i am thinking of getting a employee trained up to do it so we can hopefully bring the cost down and have more control over how quickly we can get them done.

Anybody have any experience of the courses available to learn this or can recommend any.

I need something that will take someone from never picking up a spray gun(but is keen to learn) to someone who can do this job. 

If you intend to do a proper refurb (i.e. not just a quick blow-over that lasts only 3 months) then the investment required wouldn't be worth it for the typical small dealer (unless you're thinking of expanding and offering the service to external customers). There's quite a bit of work (and a few different techniques) involved in refurbing alloys.

Some years back when I had my previous business we used to have a bodyshop with ins.co. approvals etc but we closed it. With all the H&S and environmental requirements it was more trouble than it was worth.  Lots of regs around paints and solvents etc.