Noel_96

Stock turnover

My worst customer (by worst I mean a chancer trying for a few quid back) is on the most expensive vehicle I’ve had in a while - a £12K commercial. 

7 hours ago, Noel_96 said:

By cheap cars I mean the 2-5k market 

They might seems cheap to you but depending upon what you stock you’ll soon learn £2-5K is a lot of money to plenty of people. 
Tbh the price bracket is irrelevant as arseholes, penny-pinchers & dreamers are attracted to all price ranges. However there are also plenty of nice, decent & pleasant people out there. The knack is sorting one from the other.

41 minutes ago, BHM said:

My worst customer (by worst I mean a chancer trying for a few quid back) is on the most expensive vehicle I’ve had in a while - a £12K commercial. 

They might seems cheap to you but depending upon what you stock you’ll soon learn £2-5K is a lot of money to plenty of people. 
Tbh the price bracket is irrelevant as arseholes, penny-pinchers & dreamers are attracted to all price ranges. However there are also plenty of nice, decent & pleasant people out there. The knack is sorting one from the other.

If I’m honest £2-5k is a lot of money to myself included. 

arseholes are everywhere as long as they part their money and move on I’ll be happy :lol:

2 minutes ago, Noel_96 said:

If I’m honest £2-5k is a lot of money to myself included.

Not a bad crowd the £4/5 ,000 seem quite ordinary , not much expectations , usually a drive to work car or second car group 

The 2k Crowd make me laugh , expecting a new car for what is effectively push bike  money , how very dare you sell that lot a car with used tyres :lol:.

Takes all sorts and the best bit of Advice as BHM stated , SORT OUT the customers YOU want  , Not the other way round or nightmares will follow you . 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, David Horgan said:

Not a bad crowd the £4/5 ,000 seem quite ordinary , not much expectations , usually a drive to work car or second car group 

The 2k Crowd make me laugh , expecting a new car for what is effectively push bike  money , how very dare you sell that lot a car with used tyres :lol:.

Takes all sorts and the best bit of Advice as BHM stated , SORT OUT the customers YOU want  , Not the other way round or nightmares will follow you . 

The best advice as above is deciding who YOU want to sell to, NOT letting idiots BUY FROM YOU. Arseholes in all price categories but if you sense champagne taste on lemonade money, be blunt and suggest they shop elsewhere. And never put yourself in a position where you are desperate for anyones money. Because they can smell it. 

1 hour ago, MattR said:

The best advice as above is deciding who YOU want to sell to, NOT letting idiots BUY FROM YOU. Arseholes in all price categories but if you sense champagne taste on lemonade money, be blunt and suggest they shop elsewhere. And never put yourself in a position where you are desperate for anyones money. Because they can smell it. 

Very True Matt ,wise words 

7 hours ago, MattR said:

if you sense champagne taste on lemonade money, be blunt and suggest they shop elsewhere.

So true.

7 hours ago, MattR said:

never put yourself in a position where you are desperate for anyones money. Because they can smell it. 

So so true :lol:. Vultures.

• Like 1

Bang on that Matt, control the sale and don't let them control it, had it yesterday with a battered 05 vivaro,the cheeky fooker was quite forceful and wanted me to tax it and leave it on my insurance so he could use it for a fishing competition this weekend then added I could take it off Monday as he'll be parking it up to convert it... he didn't grasp the fact it was only covered for accompanied test drives even if I wanted too and was genuinely shocked I wouldn't do that for him.

27 minutes ago, Paddy said:

Bang on that Matt, control the sale and don't let them control it, had it yesterday with a battered 05 vivaro,the cheeky fooker was quite forceful and wanted me to tax it and leave it on my insurance so he could use it for a fishing competition this weekend then added I could take it off Monday as he'll be parking it up to convert it... he didn't grasp the fact it was only covered for accompanied test drives even if I wanted too and was genuinely shocked I wouldn't do that for him.

The blokes taking the piss, I feel like I’m this situation you have no choice to be blunt with people, if they don’t buy it someone else will

• Like 1