Any dealer have an app for your business ? 
Does it work - will it work ?
I guess if you encourage people to download it then it has great benefits.
Thoughts Guys and girls 
Umesh 

It would depend on what you would like the app to do. You could make an app that informed customers of service dates etc.

Most people want apps to be useful and fulfil a purpose within their life to make something easier. For example the expiry app that tracks foods in your refrigerator is handy for some people as it tells them what they need to eat now before it perishes.

There is a good write up at Edmunds about car apps.

Ideally you want to have an app for your customers to download that builds your brand and that they will pass on to friends within your area and so help get your name in front of new customers. If the app was built correctly you could feed ads of your stock through it for users to see.

In fact you just gave me a good idea for one that is not on the market place yet! :) 

I looked at this a few years back, but why would a customer want to go on your app? I don't think there is any point, far better have a news section within a responsive website or  a blog 

We had an online booking website a while back and it asked the user to add to iphone (smartphones) as a app icon, but was just a web page basically

Put time and resource elsewhere is my view - each to their own though

• Like 1

Thanks guys , All feedback appreciated ! Totally agree with you .. The user needs a reason to download the 'app and use it' ! That was my argument with the app provider and told them the reasons why I don't think it will work for my business , but like all these 'sellers' they only see their it form their eye's although its flawed ! :)