Sign in to follow this  
MrC

Decent finance companies to work with.

Looking to start the process of becoming FCA registered pretty soon as we are moving in to selling new campers, I have 5 new T6.1's due to land this year and will be ordering 20 vans for 2022 to be drip fed to us from VW though out the year.  My question is which finance companies are worth working with and which are the ones to avoid?

Thanks in advance

Motonovo are good for campers and then you will want a good broker alongside them. 

Moto Novo 

Blue Motor Finance 

Close Brothers 

All do campers , make quick decisions , pay commissions and have a great e click system, I did three deals on sat one with Blue two Moto Novo took 5 mins from start to accept , 5 mins e click and pay out email 30 sec later on each deal . .  

Brokers are useful too as Rory says . Connected car finance will work campers , they also have their own Lending arm as well . But brokers do take longer to deal . I much prefer the main Finance Companies as speed is my aim . Campers maybe different though and the speed may not be a thing thats top of the list . 

Close rep or Blue rep usually help out with the FCA application too if you ask them nicely.  

Edited by David Horgan

Sounds brilliant Mr C.Can we have an update on how you are doing.You surely cannot do 20 of your wonderful conversions on your own.

14 hours ago, trade vet said:

Sounds brilliant Mr C.Can we have an update on how you are doing.You surely cannot do 20 of your wonderful conversions on your own.

I'm not on my own any more, there are 3 of us now, 2020 and 2021 have been crazy busy for obvious reasons. It's been very hard work, stress levels have been high. 

Our biggest challenge has been the supply chain,  really hit and miss with getting the bits in to do the jobs. Beds are a 10 week lead time and furniture 14 weeks poptop canvases are 6 to 8 weeks at the moment. So it's been a lot of long term planning and holding more stock than usual. 

Most of our customers have been fabulous and understanding with our challengers, but we have had one or two inpatient customers. 

The rest of this year is booked up than includes the vans we have on order. 

The idea of doing our own vans is to try to get back a decent work life balance and work just to our own dead lines. 

Also we can preplan 12 months in advance what we will need, this should  simplify our ordering process. 

Standardise all our colour schemes etc. 

I started off 4 years ago buying, converting, advertising, selling then preselling vans before I even had them in. This turned in to converting customer owned vans, and that's the way its been for a while. Last year I bought a brand new van we threw the world at it and sold it within 10 days for £58k. Actually made twice as much as we would normally. 

As it stands we do have a dealer willing to take vans straight off us, needless to say we'll take a hit on the profit.  But its good to know we could just punt them straight in to them if we need to turn the cash around quickly. 

I know the transition will be rocky and scary at times, you can soon tie a whole lump of dough up in couple of vans. 

We reallyy need to work smarter and these are the first steps.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MrC said:

I'm not on my own any more, there are 3 of us now, 2020 and 2021 have been crazy busy for obvious reasons. It's been very hard work, stress levels have been high. 

Our biggest challenge has been the supply chain,  really hit and miss with getting the bits in to do the jobs. Beds are a 10 week lead time and furniture 14 weeks poptop canvases are 6 to 8 weeks at the moment. So it's been a lot of long term planning and holding more stock than usual. 

Most of our customers have been fabulous and understanding with our challengers, but we have had one or two inpatient customers. 

The idea of doing our own vans is to try to get back a decent work life balance and work just to our own dead lines. 

Also we can preplan 12 months in advance what we will need, this should  simplify our ordering process. 

I started off 4 years ago buying, converting, advertising, selling then preselling vans before I even had them in. This turned in to converting customer owned vans, and that's the way its been for a while. Last year I bought a brand new van we threw the world at it and sold it within 10 days for £58k. Actually made twice as much as we would normally. 

As it stands we do have a dealer willing to take vans straight off us, needless to say we'll take a hit on the profit.  But its good to know we could just punt them straight in to them if we need to turn the cash around quickly. 

I know the transition will be rocky and scary at times, you can soon tie a whole lump of dough up in couple of vans. 

Wonderful.Thank you for your update Mr C.

• Thanks 1

On 6/20/2021 at 12:14 AM, MrC said:

Brilliant business model!