Sign in to follow this  
trade vet

East Midlands valeters and gofers big payrise ?

Just watching the new GB News channel.There is such a shortage of fruit and veg pickers that the growers are now offering £20 an hour for 45 hour week. ( equates to about £1100 p/w  PAYE )I doubt the Cazam guys at Peterborough will be impressed with that.The old story with the job,you are going well then something comes out of the woodwork to bite you.

3 hours ago, trade vet said:

Just watching the new GB News channel.There is such a shortage of fruit and veg pickers that the growers are now offering £20 an hour for 45 hour week. ( equates to about £1100 p/w  PAYE )I doubt the Cazam guys at Peterborough will be impressed with that.The old story with the job,you are going well then something comes out of the woodwork to bite you.

I was so looking forward to gb news but what a car crash from the moment it started Sunday evening

Even Boris at 6 last night the sound didn't work

Had high hopes for GB News but its more like a student TV station.  Most of the time the 'reporters' don't know what to say. And the report about paying fruit pickers £20/hour was pure bollox.  Some Eastern Euripeans have gone home but not that many...

1 hour ago, Halfpenny said:

Had high hopes for GB News but its more like a student TV station.  Most of the time the 'reporters' don't know what to say. And the report about paying fruit pickers £20/hour was pure bollox.  Some Eastern Euripeans have gone home but not that many...

So GB Fake News then.

I understand they are still shipping Eastern European pickers over! Laying on special planes? £20 per hour is fine, but the commute is tough, unless you live in a van?

GB news? Seriously? Our ‘TV’ usually unpicks this stuff forensically. Funded by wealthy elites who believe there’s a gap in the market for programmes railing against cultural elites who impose their views on ordinary Britons. Its main backers include the US TV group Discovery, the Dubai based investment fund Legatum and the brexit-funding hedge fund boss sir Paul Marshall?

OK if you like that sort of thing? 

Edited by metcars

1 hour ago, metcars said:

I understand they are still shipping Eastern European pickers over! Laying on special planes? £20 per hour is fine, but the commute is tough, unless you live in a van?

GB news? Seriously? Our ‘TV’ usually unpicks this stuff forensically. Funded by wealthy elites who believe there’s a gap in the market for programmes railing against cultural elites who impose their views on ordinary Britons. Its main backers include the US TV group Discovery, the Dubai based investment fund Legatum and the brexit-funding hedge fund boss sir Paul Marshall?

OK if you like that sort of thing? 

All about freedom of choice though isn't it?

I don't get why people care so much about what others choose to do.